1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK | 2022

Discussion in 'General' started by prm, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I think Sykes is still a very fast rider. His main issue is he has a peculiar riding style which needs a peculiar setup. He never adapted to make a rear tire last, and usually falls back towards the end of races.

2. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

I never knew how much of a pain in the @ss he was until i read Rea's book.

Boom, Gixxerguy855 and Bruce like this.
  3. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

I haven't read it. But I'm sure he is! :crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  4. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

Its actually a great book, lots of inside stuff we do not see from the outside.

Bruce likes this.
  5. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

I may have to look into it, I find really interesting what happens behind the scene.

I just heard a few podcasts from ex-F1 and ex-Indy drivers and the stories of what happens outside of the races are awesome.
    And when you think about it, it has to be awesome, imagine a bunch of hyper competitive 20-30 year olds with millions of dollars traveling the world.

6. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

hearing about sacrifices these people have made or the money they had to throw into the sport intrigues me. I know from racing karts and cars what some of these parents spent for their kids to race a kart, some do not even race anymore.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    BigBird likes this.
  7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

And Rea would never exaggerate....:crackup:

8. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

look there is always three sides to every story but he opens up about his feelings towards some riders.

cav115 likes this.
  9. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

ajcjr likes this.
  10. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

What book?

11. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

pushing the limits

12. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

Sykes was at Brands Hatch for the last BSB round and end of season party. Seemed like a nice enough guy and still hella fast if you ask me.

cav115 likes this.
  13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

14. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

BigBird likes this.
  16. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

17. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Type a search on YouTube for the 2021 Australian Superbike series and you can see some of his races. I don’t believe he’s as good as the old man but competition these days is also a lot better. He should be competitive if the new bike rules are good.

cpettit likes this.