1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rv TV Antenna Replacement

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, Oct 19, 2021.

1. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Got on the roof of my 2020 Fuzion Toyhauler the other day for basic maintenance and noticed that my TV antenna was gone. There is no other damage to anything on the roof and I damn sure don't recall hitting anything, but it's time for a new antenna. The picture is what's remaining on the roof. I'd prefer to go back with the same exact thing for ease of installation, but my Google Fu is weak and I can't find it. If I can't get that exact one, what have you had luck with and how was the installation process? Hoping to get it done before our trip this weekend, so bonus points if it's available through Amazon prime.

Attached Files:

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No clue on that one sorry but install of any of them is easy, although you may need to put a new end on the coax roofside - there is a chance that is has a fitting up there so you might want to dig around a little when yanking the old stuff off. Basically scrape off caulk, pull old base, make sure coax is good, screw down new antenna and caulk everything that needs it - old holes, new screws and so on.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

4. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

No paperwork for it with all the manuals?

gapman789 likes this.
  5. thunderalley3

thunderalley3 Well-Known Member

I just replaced mine on my toyhauler with a Wineguard Air 360 from prime. I did not put the 360+ on as it has wifi capabilities and I never use wifi in the trailer so the extra $50 wasn't worth it to me.

As mongo said dig into the wiring as you will more than likely find a connector close by, also if it has your FM antenna built in as well you will need that wire also. I replaced mine as I felt the reception was weak and after I got the initial antenna off I find the coax cut with only the center strand intact. I repaired the coax and installed the new antenna and have great reception, not sure if I would have had the same reception with the old one but I think I would have after fixing the coax.

Something I came up with when researching antennas is to change out the booster on the wall as well, not because it is bad but many of them are brand specific and it may not function correctly with a different manufacturers antenna. They are all solid state printed circuits, not just a 12 volt supply like the old days.

I got me a roll of pliable caulk like you would use around a screen door or whatever and put that around the base before screwing it to the roof then covered the screws and the entire perimeter with DiCor self leveling and it made me look like I knew what I was doing!!

omatter34 likes this.
  6. omatter34

Found out mine is a Furrion. Doesn't review well, so looking for a better option now.

7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

The King Jack antenna is a good option, and similar footprint.

omatter34 likes this.
  8. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

Don’t be stingy with the lap sealant!

9. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

After a year of owning my lst RV, i still haven't figured out how the tv works. Not kidding. :(

Gino230, Motofun352 and omatter34 like this.
  10. omatter34

We rarely use our TV, so not all that familiar either,but we are taking it tailgating this weekend and want to be able to watch the early games.

11. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

This is a joke right? 70 grand for a RV and my toaster came with better documents....

12. Ducati89

Ducati89 Ticketing Melka's dirtybike

Id keep it that way, too. No way i want to see anything at the track other than some motorcycle racing and maybe the weather on a tv.

13. gapman789

Right on. Probably why i haven't spent much time reading the RV manuals and such on how to operate the TV/audio system. I have my phone/computer/and or tablet with me so i'm good. And it's just me most of the time, so no kiddos to entertain.

But, i'd still like to know how all the systems work and what not. Hell, i haven't figured out how to put the awning down yet.

Ducati89 likes this.
  14. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Don't worry it will lower itself. Usually while you are doing 70mph down the highway but don't worry the automatic removal system will then kick in and you'll never have to worry about that awning again.

tl1098 likes this.
  15. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Go with the class option.

s-l400.jpg

Gino230 likes this.
  16. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

is it a power one or manual? Usually the manual ones have a metal pole to switch from locked to open... undo the awning leg fasteners... then pull out. Set & tighten legs...

The power ones are easy unless they blow apart. Then you'll be drilling rivets to take it apart...lol

17. gapman789

Manual. I actually haven't had the need for the awning yet. EZ-UP at the track.

18. G.Rand

G.Rand Well-Known Member

19. omatter34

G.Rand likes this.
  20. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Good thing its not this furrion...

[​IMG]

or you'd be dead