WSBK | ROUND 12 Motul Argentinean Round 15 - 17 OCT

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Oct 13, 2021.

1. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

That's just Wood inducing, right there.......

2. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Absolutely loved the original and the new version even more.

BC likes this.
  3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

Actually, he had a lap faster than Rea. Only Toprak and Rinaldi were quicker.

4. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

KRT killing it with those liveries!

I had that same exact ‘85 Ninja 900. Bought it off my sister’s boyfriend the day I graduated high school. What a summer!

Only got 18 points in 3 months…

cav115, Blammo, cpettit and 1 other person like this.
  5. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Gerloff tops WUP

6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

the one Rea was rocking was awesome. I’d buy a new Ninja just to have one like that sitting in the garage.

Gixxerguy855 likes this.
  7. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Rea’s bike livery was a A+!

What are the current measures in place to equalize performance? Kawi has some revs, Ducati?

8. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Any rumors about changes Honda has planned for 2022? Chassis?

9. TwiztidR6

TwiztidR6 Well-Known Member

For those with NBC SN the races are on at 5:30 CST today. It’s titled as Superbike. They usually show super-pole race and race 2.

YamahaRick, wsmc42 and henry_carlson like this.
  10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

You gotta think they’re gonna start playing the brace the shit out of the frame game like Kawasaki this winter. Especially with two GP guys fresh off the boat.

11. BHP41

Wow. What a race 2.

TX Joose and cpettit like this.
  12. StanTheMan

StanTheMan Well-Known Member

agreed! Was praying Toprak wouldn't get the red mist going and crash. Thankfully he took the points he could get and lived to fight another day.

13. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Have to give props to Toprak. Very fast, and very smart rides. Also, safe to say the Kawi should not be limited anymore.

SundaySocial likes this.
  14. BHP41

It wouldn’t be if they had brought a new bike. They read the rules wrong. No ones fault but their own.

15. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Agree they should have started where they left off. Maybe they have removed the limit, I haven't read where it stands today. Don’t think it would change the results as Yamaha have done a great job with their bike. It really has few weaknesses now.

“The Superbike Commission can at any time modify the handicap system to ensure fair competition.”

3. The rev limit may be updated (according to Art. 2.4.3.2) at the end of every 3rd event provided at least 3 events remain in the season.
    4. The rev limit may also be updated at the end of the season.
    5. FIM/DWO reserves the right to update the rpm balance at their discretion in the case of an imbalance.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021
  16. BHP41

They have a better engine. Which is the main thing they are lacking right now. It was clear from the onboards this weekend that they suffer on the straights, even compared to the Yamaha. They read the rules wrong and the engine they tested with was denied as the over all package was not new.
    That said, next year will be interesting as Kawi puts all its racing budget into WSBK and it will not like being beat in both riders and constructors championships. All they have to do is make 500, let’s hope they make all 500 with that livery from Race 1.

Senna and cpettit like this.
  17. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

GG now only 14 points up on Bassani for top independent rider.
    Garrett lost only lost 10 points to him in this last round, so hopefully 14 will be enough for him to hold onto that.

henry_carlson likes this.
  18. prm

prm Well-Known Member

If he’d race a little harder in turns 1 and 2 he’ll be fine. New track for everyone, no idea how that will turn out.

19. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

GG31 is nothing if not consistent the past 1/2 season:

- Qualify 7-10th after showing great pace in 1 of the 3 FP's
    - Solid off the line but boat anchors out into T1 dropping 1-5 positions
    - let the race unfold for the first 8-10 laps in 8-12th
    - last 10-14 laps pick up the pace and gingerly overtake 1-3 riders
    - finish where he qualified - 6th-9th, with zero hurt feelings, zero drama, and zero chance for another ass-chewing.

The above all reeks of an older rider who's collecting a pay cheque and well past their prime (Haslam, Rabat, Davies) and not of a young stud who stormed onto the World scene and impressed everyone. Shitty as a fan, shitty for him, shitty for Yamaha.

MachineR1 and prm like this.
  20. prm

prm Well-Known Member

Yamaha is set to win the WSBK title, have a strong rider in Locatelli, won BSB, won MotoAmerica, etc. I don’t think they really care what GG does. At least not right now. Things were looking great and that changed fast. Perhaps they have a plan that brings him back into the fold for next year. For now, he appears to be a bit of a pawn on their B team. With so little known regarding what’s going on behind the scenes, GG could end up status quo with the jr team, on the factory team with Toprak off riding MotoGP, or have his contract bought out and end up on a Honda. Nothing would really surprise me.