1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aware me on Nashville....

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Oct 12, 2021.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As the title says. Headed out there next weekend Fri-Mon. Haven't been there in about 10 years so not sure what's good.

All advice welcome. A few single dudes.

2. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Tootsies to start. Then work your way around that areas bars and make your way back. Nashville is better than Vegas for bachelorette parties.

3. Buell1965

Buell1965 Well-Known Member

Lonnies country western room in the printers ally is great and if you fancy Guitars be sure and stop at Gruhns . The Nashville Zoo is also very much a great visit to walk off the beer the next day. Lonnies and Gruhns are just off Broadway downtown.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  4. I love Nashville. We go there a lot. We stayed at the Hilton on Broadway for 5 days last month.

Think Bourbon St, without all the puke and piss smell. Broadway is a row where there are tons of bars and people walk in the street and party.

We are considering moving to Nashville.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Timely thread. Headed there Friday morning.

6. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Catch a Preds game.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

And make sure you wear the opposing teams jersey:D

[​IMG]

BigBird, Phl218 and Sabre699 like this.
  8. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Roberts Western World is where i usually go there. Tootsies is good too. Husk for a fancy dinner or any of the hot chicken spots for cheaper eats. Pucketts, Kates meat and 3, Otaku Ramen, Dinos bar all good spots. The gulch area has lots of good food spots as well. Check out third man records if you're into music, they still press records there. Lots of good breweries and a couple distilleries around there too.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

So we've heard :beer:

10. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I'm sure you are aware, but I feel the need to "aware" you that the word aware is in fact an adjective.

Edit: Also, the Loveless Cafe.

11. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Peg Leg Porkers, Martin's Barbecue, Cat Bird Seat, Joyland, Audrey, The Continental (last three are Sean Brock's new places, the latter two of which are more fine dining).

12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Crashville.

13. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

That's hilarious. I wore my Blackhawks hat last year there for a game and man oh man did I catch hell for it. That was a really fun game to go to.

14. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I love Nashville in all ways so I'm not busting on them, but...their fans are pussycats compared to wearing your jersey to a Blues or Sabres home game. In St. Louis they kept throwing pennies at our heads and in Buffalo they were throwing drinks at us. Security got involved in that one and told us we were idiots for wearing our gear. And I wouldn't even dare wear it to a Flyers home game:D

15. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I wore a Preds hat to the Blackhawks game I went too, the only people I had say anything to me were people that said they wanted to come to Nashville for a game. Nashville is really a huge mix of fans of other teams that support the preds because they live here, and then people that love the preds that don't really know the game. Definitely in the beer league locker rooms, I'm normally one of the only people from Nashville.

rd400racer likes this.
  16. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I will be in Nashville for Thanksgiving. In-laws live in Gallatin. I will definitely have my equipment with me and be gone as much as possible playing hockey. The more I'm out of that house the better

17. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

Let me know, I may be able to get away some for a pick up game. I doubt we will have any league games that weekend.

grasshopper likes this.
  18. sidepipe79

sidepipe79 Well-Known Member

If you like listening to the song writers sing there own songs, check out Live Oak on Demonbruen Street. Its my sister's place and they always have great live music. It is a bit more chill than downtown.

19. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

A Rangers jersey at a Flyers game is almost as blasphemous as a Devils jersey.

I never got the douchebaggery from one fan to another.

Two years ago we saw a Flyers home game against the Bruins. I saw some really cool Bruins jerseys, Oates and a Neely one. Im a hockey jersey nut so it struck up friendly conversations. The Flyers won and a few Bruins fans that were near us thanked us for not doing anything to them.

rd400racer likes this.
  20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

One of the few hockey stories I have. Went to see the Blues v. Leafs shortly after STL acquired Gretzky.

I wore my Leafs jersey just for shits and giggles.

At the end of the 2nd period the Leafs were beating the Blues like 6 to 2. I went to get a beer and while I’m waiting a group of 4-5 STL fans are standing there and one yells “ you’re wearing the the wrong fucking jersey!”.

I replied “ apparently you haven’t looked at the scoreboard”.

I decided to get my beer later. :D

kangasj and rd400racer like this.