1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tracks near Clarksville TN / Hopkinsville KY

Discussion in 'General' started by lopitt85, Oct 12, 2021.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

This is a re-post of a previous thread for me with a different city. Found out I'm going here and not TX.

What kind of on track opportunities are there in the local area? I've only ever done asphalt riding and that's what I'm asking about. Interested in dirty bikes but don't own one currently.

I've found that Barber is 4 hrs away (woo hood, can't wait!). Also...

Road Atlanta 5hr 30min
    NCM 1hr 40mins
    NOLA 9hr
    Jennings 8.5hr
    Talladega GP 4hr 46min
    Putnam 4hr
    Ozarks international raceway 7hr
    Roebling 8hr 20min
    CMP 8hr 40min
    VIR 9hr
    Summit Point 10hr 20min
    Mid Ohio 7hr 10min
    Nelson Ledges 8hr 40min
    PIR 9hr 20min
    NJMP 14hr (been eyeballing for a couple of years)
    Blackhawk Farms 8hr
    ACC 6hr 50min

What did I miss?

2. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Don't waste time worrying about Ozarks it's not bike friendly. And njmp is definitely not worth that drive imo.
    A dirt bike would open up a lot of riding options

bEeR and stk0308 like this.
  3. lopitt85

How did I forget that there's a thread here about the Ozarks track? The armco barriers are crazy close and all over the place.

The layout of NJMP looks really fun. Is the track in bad condition?

4. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

I just didn't enjoy it and it's not in great condition now

Ducti89 likes this.
  5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

NJMP is in pretty bad condition according to some friends that were there this year. Thats the Thunderbolt course. Im not sure if the lightning course was any better.

And the attitude at that track has changed. If you go do a day with N2, they have probably weeded out most of the issues.

Edit: dont forget the tolls to get there. Youre going to need a home equity loan depending on how many axles your trailer has.

Motofun352 likes this.
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Thunderbolt and Lightning
    very very frightening.

7. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

See... I enjoy that track very much but then again I ride the rocking hills (tracks) of the Canadian circuit and NJMP feels like a MotoGP circuit to me ! :p

P.S. Last I rode that track was back in 2018 I think.

8. IronCactus

IronCactus Well-Known Member

I was at thunderbolt (again) on Monday. Every time I go there’s some new bump or patch. This time there was what I can only describe as pothole at the turn in for 9. They “fixed” it by spray painting a white circle around it.

As for N2, they don’t exist anymore at NJMP (although this Friday is their first and maybe last day at NJMP for the year). The Rider’s Club which is NJMP’s own house brand club has squeezed most of the organizations out. Honestly, Rider’s club isn’t bad it’s well run and attended. The problem as many have cited here before is all the NYC/Philly/NJ dive bombers riding beyond their skill. The people are as friendly and helpful in the pits as anywhere, just barbarians on the track.

NJMP is the closest track for me at just under 2 hours, Thunderbolt is a fun track, sister track Lightening is just okay. I would NEVER recommend anyone to make a 14 hour drive to trackday it. Unless you’re like a baseball/football/Moto America guy who has to go to all the venues, I’d skip it.

9. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Was told that a track is in the works in Kingston TN which will be pretty close also. Being built by the owner of Clayton homes and a couple of other RRF’s.

10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

What is the going rate per day for the Rider’s Club? Is it still around the $250 range?

11. laz749

laz749 Active Member

Hallet in OK

12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Putnam.

rd400racer likes this.
  13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

All I got after reading the title:
    Take the last Train to Clarksville and I’ll meet you at the station ....

14. lopitt85

Thanks for the input gentlemen. Hallet is 9hr 20min.

I figured I found all of the main ones. I thought there may be some smaller venues hiding out there that I missed.

Most trips will likely be to the 7 closest tracks with an occasional trip to a new one further out.

Barber 4 hrs
    Road Atlanta 5hr 30min
    NCM 1hr 40mins
    Talladega GP 4hr 46min
    Putnam 4hr
    Mid Ohio 7hr 10min
    ACC 6hr 50min

15. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I'm just jealous that you have a track 4hrs away.

lopitt85 likes this.
  16. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

I'm right outside of Nashville in Old Hickory.

There's a lot of off road stuff up that way. LBL (land between the lakes) has a lot of single track and SXS trails.

NCM, Barber, Talladega, Putnam and Road Atlanta are fairly easy drives. If we ever get to go back to Nashville Super Speedway, you can add that to the list as well.

lopitt85 likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

You fear BSAs ?? :D

18. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Last time I was at NJMP, there were patches and potholes all over the place. That long left hand 180 that leads to the esses before the bridge was so bad I was squaring the thing off in a diamond like line to avoid the ripped up traditional inside line.
    No way I would make a 10 hr trek for a trackday there.

lopitt85 likes this.
  19. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Galileo, Galileo!

TurboBlew, ToofPic and R Acree like this.
  20. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

If 14hrs to NJMP is ok, you forgot Pitt, Gingerman and NCBike

noles19 likes this.