1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who here has been in a movie/TV show?

Discussion in 'General' started by motoboy, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Thunderace

Thunderace Well-Known Member

I was an extra in the movie Shadow Conspiracy. It was filmed in Baltimore back in the late 90's. It was an ok movie, but they released it the same night as the re-release of Star Wars. Needless to say, nobody went to see it! You wouldn't know I was in it unless I told you where to look. 10 hours out in the 100 degree heat for $80. Wasn't with it at all.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Friend and I were in a shot of the crowd on Speedvision many moons ago at Mid Ohio. Standing in the rain in our bright orange rain gear.
    That's all I got.

3. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I saw my reflection in the TV screen early one morning a long time ago .

4. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I was on a show called Jim'll Fix It as a kid, maybe 7/8 years old. It was a show about kids getting a wish come true. Meet a famous actor or a musician, ride in a famous car, stuff like that. One of the kids at our school got picked and wanted us to all be picked up for school with some celebrity on a double decker open top bus that give tours of cities etc, get his family on tv picking him up and all that. At the time it was super cool, apart from the camera man dropping his fucking camera on my hand while it was on the top rail of the bus lol. Still have scars from that one actually. Later everyone found out the presenter/star of the show, Jimmy Savile, was a giant child molesting scum bag and the show was just a good excuse to get the kids chosen for the show alone with him. So there's that.

Gino230 likes this.
  5. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Was interviewed by Bob Beattie of Ski World back in the day at the Wobbly Barn at Killington. I was quite buzzed and when he asked me "what do you love about this place?" All I could spit out was something like "great skiing, good food and good beer!".

Still have the VHS tape somewhere in a box in the basement.

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Freaking weird Pat Mooney. I was just talking bout Saville show yesterday.

7. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Now then, now then, now then.

8. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I was in Hitting The Apex.
    Wife spent a number of years trying to make it in Hollywood. She was in a number of small movies, her biggest role was a talking part in Weeds.

She really hates when I tell people I was in a movie with Brad Pitt.

BigBird, JCW, Gino230 and 4 others like this.
  9. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I love that movie! They showed it to us in boot camp when it came out in 80.

My claim to fame was playing the old man in a Spanish play that was shown on the local PBS when I was in 6th grade. And I got interviewed by the local Owensboro TV station the day of Nicky's funeral when thousands of people descended upon the town. They couldn't understand why so many showed up.

Gino230 likes this.
  10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

We had a kids show in Cincinnati that i was on back in the early 80's. Seems like most kids i knew were at one time or another. I was on VH1 back in 90 or so when they were filming some celebrity ski thing at Crested Butte, CO. I faked a wipeout in front of a bunch of people filming and they thought it was funny so they interviewed me. Been on the news a few times as well. Have a few spots on our company's youtube channel also. I'm pretty famous.

11. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I've had some interesting and fun "extra" roles.

"The Slugger's Wife" - Ordering food at the "Varsity". I was on a business trip, and stopped by the downtown Varsity, as I used to do when in Atlanta. There were folks waiting in line and signing paperwork. When I asked someone who was waiting, they said they were signing up extras for a movie. I had the time, and it sounded like fun, so I got in line. I recognize myself for a few seconds in a long shot. And paid for it!

"Space Cowboys" - One of the crowd watching the astronauts "walk out" to get in the van to be taken to the launch pad. I worked in the building and walked over to watch and ended up in the shot. Got to stand next to Clint Eastwood as he directed the setup of the scene (he directed and starred). Very cool. Not paid, but have a little American flag that they gave me to wave. I may have been in the scene briefly, but not that you would know.

"Transformers - Dark of the Moon" - This was "official". They were filming on the space center and needed lots of extras for many scenes. They were only allowed so many access permits to the center, so they needed employees (who had access) to fill in the numbers. So they had a casting call. Mugshots taken at a secret location (they had a warehouse off-center setup as a fake engineering company to run the production out of) and eventually I was picked. It was for the Apollo launch scene that was briefly at the beginning of the movie. They wanted me to shave off my beard, so I could have some real, 60's-style sideburns. It was a fun day out. Amazing watching the process of a big action movie. I got to sit in the make-up trailer (to get the beard shaved off) and heard lots of movie stories. Got to see all the vehicles (and a bunch of stuff they took out of the GM museum for the shot). Lots of cool 60's props and clothing. Got to do a "line-up" with Micheal Bay (who requested an adjustment of the sideburns). Got fed and paid! A fun day out. After lots of setups and shots using a 3d camera the size of a filing cabinet, the scene was amazingly brief, and I was on the cutting room floor. My friend, who was in the scene also, made the "big time" and you could see his back standing in an El Camino (a '59 that was new unrestored from the GM museum). Other co-workers and buddies were in quite a few scenes.

From being at the space center I got to watch filming of "Armageddon" scenes (they gave us a tour and driving show of one of the "Armadillo" vehicles). There were many others that filmed there, but I did have to work for a living, so didn't see all of them. "The Cape" (TV series), "From the Earth to the Moon" (HBO mini-series), "Contact"... I'm sure there were a few others I missed.

Oh yeah... "Moto GP" - Guy getting Jorge Lorenzo's autograph. A bunch of folks e-mailed me to tell me they saw me on the coverage.

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Twice interviewed for History Channel feature show on natural hazards. I didn't want to do them (out and back days to LA for filming), but the Department liked the optics. One was for a potential fire in the Hollywood Hills worse than the 1961 Bel Air fire -- amazingly it has yet to happen, despite that story running somewhere around 2002. Well, there is always this fall...

13. Saiyan66

Saiyan66 Stand your ground

I was an extra in "We Were Soldiers" many moons ago. Was an interesting time for sure. The movie is set in Vietnam (hot, humid) but was filmed in part in the coastal California hills and at night it was anything but. We were all wearing BDU's and freezing our asses off. Had to charge up a hill 27 times for one scene and that got old quick. I definitely have an appreciation for the work that goes into movie making after that. Made $90 and got a free haircut out of it. I did get to speak with Sam Elliot briefly as he made his rounds thanking us for tolerating the cold. He seemed like a geniunely nice and down to earth person.

Also I can't even imagine what real soldiers go through in a true battlefield environment. I was damn near choking to death on the movie smoke they had going, I am sure the real stuff is 100x worse. Thank you to all veterans!

BigBird, sbk1198, GNC and 1 other person like this.
  14. Does onlyfans count?

BigBird, Phl218, SpeedyE and 2 others like this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I was a body double for the last scene in Boogie Nights :D

SpeedyE likes this.
  16. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Wasn't somebody on here the stuntman for the ice slide by Jon Heder in Blades of Glory?

RichB likes this.
  17. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I was on Speedvison back in the day at Road Atlanta.
    We were pitted next to Northwest Honda, and I came in to pit during a 6 hr.
    I was also on channel 5 news.
    They were doing a story on asshole mountain riders, and I rode by and banged my bike off the rev limiter while the reporter was talking into the camera ..

18. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

Does MA Live+ count? :crackup:

My sister had them film a "reality" show at her house- it was one of those matchmaking shows and they wanted to film the dude with his friends so she had a dinner party. They film for like 8 hours and then cut it down to 2 minutes.

I always enjoy hearing the backstory as to what really went on during filming.

My best friend's parents were in Scarface, that scene at the nightclub where there's a shootout and everyone comes running out screaming. They had to do it like 15 times because Pacino couldn't drive stick, so he would jump into the Porsche (928 I believe- the V8 one) and he kept stalling it. Finally the guy who owned the car was like screw this! But they gave him one last shot- if you watch the scene you'll see how slowly he pulls away. :crackup:

BigBird, Phl218 and t11ravis like this.
  19. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Lol, I was on Fox Big Noon Kick Off this past Saturday at the ND Wisconsin game, back of my head as Rocket Ismail runs out. Go Irish!!!!

20. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I bought some furniture off a guy that had just been on some reality disaster reno show (disaster diy maybe?) about 15 years ago. He said they came in, made him look like a complete fool (we watched the episode and they did) , did a complete hack job (I saw the work, it was shit), and left his house a mess worse off than when they started. They knocked a wall down to "open up the space" and only finished the one side of it, because that was technically the only room they were contracted to do. I forget how much it cost him for the privilege too, but it was a lot.

Every time my Wife nags me about taking too long to finish something, she threatens to call that show lol

100% of the bullshit that is on tv now days is completely phony.

BigBird, YamahaRick and Gino230 like this.