1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Imitation?

2. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

For something like these, buy one and keep the receipt. Neither is an investment piece and it’s a matter of what she likes the looks of.

3. Like I said, the materials. Good, silver, diamonds etc. It all depends on your wife, as said above keep the receipt. Between the two the Citizen for sure but it depends on her as those are pretty different from a color standpoint. I’ve bought my wife watches I’d swear she would love and she’s honest and will tell me if she doesn’t like something I buy. We are both good to each other about that stuff.

4. j cal

j cal Well-Known Member

Spooner likes this.
  5. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

So there is a new addition to my Hamilton collection. For our 15th anniversary my wife got me an Intra-Matic. She thought I needed a business watch, versus my beater khakis and a Jazzmaster she got me for our son's birth. For the record, this is the fourth Hamilton she has given me since we got married. I can say this is all her fault. Intra-Matic 1.JPG Intra-Matic 2.JPG

NemesisR6 likes this.
  6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

j cal likes this.
  7. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

Does anybody know what watch this is? Just curious if it keeps decent time, as I can't afford to be late for my future appointments.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2021
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Silly people win silly prizes....

L8RSK8R, Gecko and SteveThompson like this.
  9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Great, six more months of passive-aggressive bitching. :D

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Did he post a video or something and thus get the vacation?

12. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

or something.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dungeon shit, nuked it from the post and nuked him for a bit.

14. Jedb

seems odd in a watch thread, but whatever.

Here's a bunny with a pancake on it's head.

[​IMG]

15. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was at the Mall of America today (don’t ask). I saw this in a vintage jewelry store there. It didn’t belong there, so now it’s going home with me!

It’s a 1963 Oysterdate.

vfrket, cletus, worthless and 5 others like this.
  16. Jedb

Very nice. @SteveThompson
    Does it have the roulette date wheel? (red/black) or all red?

17. SteveThompson

They are all red. I’m interested to take it apart. The weather will be getting worse here soon and I’ll be back working in the watch shop. Until then it’s still boating season. :D

18. Jedb

I've completed my list of the watches that I'll be selling. Helping a friend liquidate her dad's watch/home shopping habit.
    All of the Quartz ones need a new battery.
    There are a few automatics there (column F)

Top level folder here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/13QeyoxuKCYz6DvHexgFCRON6vfyeKwtj?usp=sharing

Google Sheet List here: LINK
    Folders with Photos that correspond to #s on the list here: Photos

If you want to see pictures of #18, the Invicta Reserve/Venom, go to folder #18 and check them out. The exterior boxes are a bit beat, but most of the watches are still in plastic inside.

Would rather make a deal here, than go through ebay. I've bought from @Dave K and sold to @SteveThompson so if you have concerns, ask them.
    Will also make a deal for multiple watches.

Send me a PM if you are interested in any of them.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I could not recommend Jedb enough. Easily my smoothest transaction ever even if I made it harder with my ocd trend towards queering a deal with too much info. :crackup:
    No bullshit, delivers and corners low!

cha0s#242 and Jedb like this.
  20. SteveThompson

:stupid: