2021 24hrs LeMans

Discussion in 'General' started by thrak410, Aug 21, 2021.

1. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I don't think I've seen a crazier opening lap from a bunch of 'pro' racers... I know its wet, but c'mon. Cars going everywhere!

They just said at least 15 cars off track on lap 1... lol

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That first hour certainly has been interesting. 10 second penalty is a bit of a joke, though. I mean, it does have an impact on an F1 race, but here? What's 10 seconds?

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

What do you think it should have been? Or what else is available by rules? I don't really follow WEC except for this race.

On another note I am totally lost. I missed last year's race, and I feel like 80% of teams are new to me. Also, for as much as I love endurance racing, I can't for the life of me keep track of all the classes/cars. How on earth could this be appealing to the guy on the street?

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't follow it either. But I'm thinking if you get 10 seconds in F1, it should be 60 seconds here maybe?

tiggen likes this.
  5. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

I'm watching and a 75 yo driver just pitted.
    That's awesome!! Hail old dude!! :bow:

JBall likes this.
  6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

American? I know that the oldest driver in the race is American.

7. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

@HPPT ,
    You of all French mods should have provided the BBS of the 24 hours of Lemans airing.
    Shame on you! :Poke:

Phl218 likes this.
  8. speedluvn

I remember once upon a time a mod was good for sumptin’ besides banning a dude. :rolleyes:

9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

At this rate whoever doesn't crash out will win.

10. speedluvn

Surprised to see that the cars have brake lights in this race.

11. ToofPic

I honestly don't know.
    I lost all attention, when they said 75 yo.
    Definitely a great race, and action

12. ToofPic

They run crazy amounts of lights on the ass end of cars,some of it is even annoying

13. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

da faq is the ford gt?

14. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

Ford won all the stuff they wanted in IMSA and LeMans and folded that program a couple years ago.

15. tiggen

If what the (horrible) commentators said is true, the next few years of sports car racing could be excellent, what with the alignment of the governing bodies and lots of manufacturer interest.

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

LMP2 breaking down on the last lap: those guys are going to need counseling. Holy crap, that has to be painful. And then you have cars fighting at the finish line while the Toyotas are posing for a picture. The flagman is going to rethink the wisdom of standing on the track!

17. tiggen

I wonder if the flag man will be there next year. And yeah, breaking down on the last lap has happened twice within five years! So sad for them.

18. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

And Robert Kubica to boot.... Like that guy hasn't had enough bad luck.