1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADA and Fair Housing Act Lawyer?

Discussion in 'General' started by PistolPete, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They'd be kicked off the board for wasting lawyer money of a 10 pound difference in pups :D

Glad it's over this quick. Now go fight the other shit!

3. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Kinda sorta but I think the crux of the argument comes from the prescription. Its kinda sorta outlined there in the language that if its under a doctors care, it cant really be challenged provided that a doctor can explain it as a medical necessity.

Ive dealt with these issues being a donut eater. Any accommodation ordered by a physician has to be honored by a landlord. If it isnt the ADA then it generally falls under the FHA. Not that I was a pro at quoting those specific federal laws but as a general rule, defaulting to the accommodation of the disability or doctor’s order has kept me out of federal court.

I said it earlier and ill say it again; people dont understand the power of the ADA and, now, the FHA.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  4. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

I didn’t read the linked article, but you mentioned the disability. Cancer, in and of itself, is not a qualifying condition, but the accompanying depression and anxiety are. Every time I meet with, or get a call from one of my doctors, they ask “Are you ever depressed or anxious since being diagnosed?” I have to reply, “Are you fucking kidding me?”...

5. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Youre covered under the ADA by that anxiety, Pete.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense and totally absolutely and then some agree on the last line!

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ahhhh, hadn't taken it out a level, that definitely would fit.

8. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

she had to argue it the way she did because farm livestock was explicitly spelled out and pigs were listed in the covenant

9. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Depends on how the condo association is set-up. There are certain types, similar to HOA's but with WAY more authority and control over the condo building, that can set and control limits. I'm not familiar with those as we don't have them near me...I could look it up but Pete got the exemption so it's a moot point now.

Congrats Pete! So sorry to hear about the cancer....fuck that's gotta be tough to deal with. Prayer's for you and your loved ones.

10. PistolPete

Hey guys, thanks for the help and humor here!
    Yea, the cancer sucks ass, but fighting condo boards, and doctors over my treatment, and insurance over paying for said treatment, is adding insult to injury. One battle down...

11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Let's see a picture of your dog.

Yzasserina likes this.
  12. PistolPete

Keeps saying file too large. Not sure how to fix that on an iPad.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Knock it down about 10 pounds.

auminer and pickled egg like this.
  14. PistolPete

Lol. That would have solved everything a couple days ago!

15. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

When you choose the pic to attach, see if it will allow you to choose a smaller size from”actual size” of the pic. My iPad give smaller versions eg “large, medium,small”.

hope that helps.

fuck cancer.

16. PistolPete

3 years ago when we hiked the Appalachian Trail.
    The board thought he was too big and scary! You can see why...
    upload_2021-7-30_12-38-34.jpeg

noles19 and Banditracer like this.
  17. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

I want to do some of the Appalachian trail with my pup. How did it work out?

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They made it, dog gained 10 pounds.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

He looks like he's gonna tear an arm off... :crackup:

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Look at those velvety ears! He looks like he's a good judge of character. What's his name?