1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rules Question - Replacement Frame

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Gerry Gentry, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Gerry Gentry

Gerry Gentry Well-Known Member

In cases where a manufacturer made the exact frame for several years (i.e. 2006 -2010) can any engine for that model (i.e. GSXR 600) for those years (2006-2010) be paired up with any chassis for those years and raced in superstock? An example would be using a 2008 engine with a 2006 frame. The engines, and a few other items, for the model year 2008 are different than the 2006/2007 so the bike would be entered as a 2008 and presented for tech in that specification.

Regards,
    Gerry

2. Gerry Gentry

Mongo?????

3. DBConz

DBConz Registered Idiot

Since 2008 is now V8 legal, I can’t imagine any concerns.

Someone would have to look for the year code stamped into the block or head, which isn’t accessible unless you remove the tank and move all the wires out of the way. The head gasket will also show the code too, but 08-21 are all the same. So that would be a difficult item to prove in a protest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

For Superstock the model years/parts would have to have been 100% the exact same.

6. Gerry Gentry

7. playdough

playdough Well-Known Member

Gerry, I just listed my 2009. Just got it back from the shop and it's fresh and ready to go. I think the boys need a back up bike ;-)