1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class C RV's

Discussion in 'General' started by JTRC51, Jul 9, 2019.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Thanks fellas....guess i'll start looking at the diesels. I don't want to be limited by towing capacity. Might get a boat down the road, or haul a buddies 24' trailer with 2 rzrs, or whatever....Im not spending more than $35k....or 40, not sure what diesel pushers are out there for that money.

2. gapman789

What RV did you end up getting?

3. gapman789

AC1108 likes this.
  4. jrsamples

jrsamples Banned

That's some lux rite tar!

I just lived 3 weeks in this thing with the kid. Spartan, yep, shitting in a hole, showering from a bag hanging in a tree, no heat, no air. I could get along just fine in that motor home, but I couldn't go to the BFE places. Dilemma.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AndyR1 and Wingnut like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

6. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

pay close attention to the weight of the trailer empty. I dragged a friends 24' trailer across the scales and it was 6800lbs empty, when we tried to carpool. To make things worse he had 4 "C" rated tires on it leaving him ~500lbs of cargo for the load rating on the tires. We still had 5 bikes, a tool box, gear, & fuel to load.

5axis, assjuice cyrus and ducnut like this.
  7. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

2017 winnebago vista lx35f

8. gapman789

I"m about to pull the trigger tomorrow on a 2005 Winnebago Aspect 26 A.....27k miles....Seems to be a solid RV, any thoughts?

9. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The only thing I can offer is it not having the overhead bunk, and corresponding protrusion over the windshield, should slightly help fuel mileage.

10. gapman789

Well i
    I ended up buying this RV. Owned by an 81 yr old sweetest of ladies.....the husband passed away a few months ago, so the son convinced her to sell it.

'05 Winnebago Aspect 26A, E-450 chassis, V-10, 27k miles, 1 owner, garage kept, all records, Winnebago briefcase of the RV, etc..., loaded with options.

I went this route because i just don't like the 'over the cab' class C's....This Aspect drives like my Excursion. No sway, No wander. 80 mph and smooth as can be. Fiberglass roof and body, full body paint, Onan 4000 gennie....

$22,000.....Nada low retail is $28k, high retail $34k.

Been trying to get my hands on one all year.....these things are flying off the shelves so to speak.

winnebago aspect 2.jpg winnebago aspect.jpg winnebago aspect 1.jpg

maslov, Wingnut and TurboBlew like this.
  11. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If you crawl underneath and look at the rear axle I suspect you'll find a track bar. That's what makes it drive that way, it's not the lack or presence of a cabover. I need to put one on my 31 foot Class C one of these days.

ducnut likes this.
  12. gapman789

Right on. The 'shortness', narrow body, and aerodynamic profile in general, can't hurt either.

ducnut likes this.
  13. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Those are a great unit. We sold a number of them and had very few issues. Was never a fan of the smaller sized corner bed/corner bathroom layout, but the U shaped dinette with a round table was nice.
    Doesn't look like the factory original awning. Don't think they used a box horizontal arm style on that model.

14. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Hell of a score, IMO.

Not sure if it’s the headlight housings that have yellowed or the bulbs aging, but, I‘d definitely be replacing them. That’d be no fun driving at night.

15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

whats the cockpit look like? :D

16. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I almost bought the Four Winds 23U that’s a similar floorplan, but, bought the 24F for the full-slide’s extra room and ease of making the bed. In hindsight, I wish I would’ve bought the 23U, because I could’ve slept in the full-size bed while stealth sleeping, instead of the overhead. Having to extend the slide is a PITA to just lay down for a short rest/nap. Sold it a couple years ago, so no worries, now.

17. assjuice cyrus

Well, back at it. Iam thinking of upgrading to a pusher. But which one, how old or new? To many choices. I know I dont want a cat. Gotta be a cummins. the floor plans in the pushers are odd to me. Our gas one has done us good no complaints except for towing a trailer south. Just hard to set the cruise and go with the trailer and even the slightest incline.

18. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

Just go all out and get the Newmar Canyon Star with the garage… it now comes with a diesel! Those things are pricey though, not sure if there is anything used out there yet… if I had F you money, I’d consider it.

19. assjuice cyrus

Not enough garage space..

20. maslov

maslov Well-Known Member

That’s always the case…

assjuice cyrus likes this.