1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concours de Competition - July 3, 2021 - Barber

Discussion in 'General' started by Can-am, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

It will be great to see you again. This year's field is larger and more diverse than two years ago when you ran. Last year was very restricted due to Covid. Hopefully this year we can get some spectators. Saturday only tickets will be available at the gate so you and others can come in to see the exhibition. Thanks for your support.

2. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Barber track question. Does the track allow racers to stay over Sunday night and leave Monday morning for the drive home? I recently read about a track that does not allow this but I can not remember which track. Calling the track got nowhere.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. However you might be able to stay out in one of the lots, that would be something to talk to the track or Zoom personnel about.

Now after saying nope, there are exceptions to the rule depending on who is coming in on Monday but the stock answer is no.

4. dave3593

Thanks for the answer Mongo. I'm riding classes in addition to the concours stuff. I'll just have to be more picky about Sunday afternoon.

5. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

The Third Edition of this event was tremendous. Ron & Robin Raven put on a spectacular event, Evelyn & WERA were excellent, accommodating hosts, and the participants had rare, neat stuff and were fun folks. Even the weather cooperated.

Thank you to Barber Motorsports Museum and WERA for hosting this unique, special and growing happening. And, thank you to Ron & Robin Raven for making this dream a reality, funding it and doing the months and months of work to make it run so smoothly and assure that it is a wonderful time for all.

Cheers,

Dave

dave3593 likes this.
  6. dave3593

83BSA said it, great event! Ron and Robin promote vintage racing in a wonderful way. The group of racers and exhibiters are a blast to be around. I have never had this much pit help with my TZ. A big deal to me because I always go to events alone. Everyone is so willing to help. I also had a blast getting into some fun back and forth with other vintage bikes during the concourse race and extra WERA classes that many of us also rode. The concourse event meant there was more vintage riders to race with. This is a good event for all vintage racers to come to just to hang out and ride our old bikes in WERA classes.

Thank you Ron, Robin, Evelyn, WERA and Barber!!

7. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

Envelopes please . . . And the winners are: Brian Gaines (1987 Yamaha FZR750); Al Charles (1970 Triumph T150); Lyn Garland (1981 Spondon TZ350); Jim Hinshaw (1966 Kawasaki A1R); Kevin Brown (1973 T120); Jim Urmson (1972 HD XRTT750); Chet Burks (1971 Gurney XS650) John Barrett (1964 Honda CB72).
    https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057216708914
    And their pictures are there too!

8. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

We also set a new record at the post awards hospitality hour: 4 cases of homebrew beer were consumed while the participants told ever more outlandish tales to their new friends. We are going to need help next year. My meager brewing capacity may get overwhelmed.

CharlieY and DougBowie like this.
  9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Thanks to Ron, Robin, WERA and the Barber Museum for a great day. Some fantastic bikes on display and on the track in a really relaxed atmosphere. The beer was excellent which made the event even more enjoyable.

CharlieY likes this.