1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoAmerica | Komatsu MotoAmerica Superbikes | Ridge Motorsports Park |June 25 - 27

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 23, 2021.

1. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

It's not my favorite track to watch on TV. Perhaps it just hasn't grown on me yet, but that last turn with the air fenced wall front and center on the screen freaks me out every time.

ruckusracing and 418 like this.
  2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

They hate the "corkscrew" because it sucks ass. It's too slow and it was added in because IMO they were trying to create an iconic corner. There are better ways they could have used the property to get back down the ridge I bet. It used to be a bit better as the corner was more open but the cars were tearing it up so they tightened it and I believe increased the downhill aspect to spread out braking forces more.

If we want real action, MA needs to race at Pacific :D

3. rapidzrx

rapidzrx Well-Known Member

Isnt even a good pit reporter! If I hear one more reference to motocross . Starting a fund for Roger to bitch slap him, you know he wants to!

Shocker likes this.
  4. henry_carlson

henry_carlson BREAD_RACING

glad to hear differently, I hope they go back

5. henry_carlson

camping was near full, the heat kept the daily spectators away. there isnt much shade there unfortunately

6. henry_carlson

Michael Hill, hes a proper broadcaster. WSBK, Moto Gp experience. he has a podcast (VROOM) too thats pretty good

418 likes this.
  7. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

Track is awesome. Did track walk Thursday and two up ride with CU Friday. Track surface is mint. As with Sonoma and Laguna, you cannot appreciate the ups and downs from the TV screen which makes everything look flatter. Corkscrew is slow and there’s the other slow left hander but then there are the faster parts where the boys can let er rip. Facilities are a bit raw but rapidly improving. The green light to open the event up to spectators came late and they had to hustle to get everything ready. Also it was tough to get people to come work. They have had some issues at the other tracks this year where the tracks had a hard time getting folks to come work, getting enough food vendors lined up, vendors running out of food, etc.

Record heat wave in the whole area, last minute confusion etc I’m sure affected attendance but people that sucked it up and got to the track seemed pretty stoked to me.

TurboBlew and henry_carlson like this.
  8. henry_carlson

Shout out Cam P and Sam L, what a season so far for them

Peter Hively likes this.
  9. exracer941

exracer941 Well-Known Member

And if they can pave or put non dusty dirt in the camping areas, it will be an excellent paddock. Maybe another block house with showers and permanent restrooms.

10. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

That place needs some shade for days like this. I was on my trip up the coast and camping about hour away from the track on Thursday night. Friday morning I decided to swing by the track and stay Friday/Saturday before continuing my trip. Rolled in with MH and guy at gate asked me if I have reservation, I said no. He said I have to park in VIP parking lot. I got there and set up way in back (along couple more rv's) and all was good until somebody came and said I have to leave or move in to rv parking area which was that dusty dirt, no hook up, worse than where I was, and pay for it. With wife and 3 little dogs heat was just too much so I left.

11. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No kidding, I’d really hoped MA sent him packing when he wasn’t at Road America.

The sheer tonnage of stupid shit he says is staggering. I’m curious at what point RLH slips and tells him to STFU.

5axis likes this.
  12. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Agreed he did much better in the pits. Actually quite tolerable.

svracer22 likes this.
  13. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

14. MyWayGuy

MyWayGuy Well-Known Member

That’s awesome!!

15. Ducman851

Ducman851 Been told I’m that guy, but I’m really not

How did I miss Mazziottos podium interview. Dropping a solid F bomb. Lmao

16. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Glad Kyle found someone he trusts on his bike.

17. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Crazy thought. What if he legit, no one of the usual front guys crash out, podiums on it?

18. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

I think that would be legit awesome to get another true privateer team to fight in the top 3 along w/ Scholtz, and if Kyle can learn from Toni, it'd make the whole team better.

From all his interviews and social media, it still seems like Kyle is a racer at heart and wouldn't hang up the leathers until he's unable to ride, but that might be the push to get him to work out the finance and logistics for a second rider.

19. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

the chicane is worlds better than the old layout. old T1 is just a 5th-gear engine-braking kink. the only badass part about is that most people aren't used to putting their knee on the deck in 5th or 6th gear. the chicane offers another hard-braking zone and then the exit of the chicane is mamma-mia perfetto. gas til the bridge, knock down three gears and holyfuck brake brake brake, throw it left, SLAM it right, and then wheelie through two upshifts before absolutely pitching it left for Old T1 which is now a 4th gear near-pinned elbow down into the gnarliest motherfucker of a trail-braking uphill since Road Atlanta T1.

the chicane is worlds better.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

Ducman851 and henry_carlson like this.