1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post your Nicky Hayden Memorabilia

Discussion in 'General' started by 05Yamabomber, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Peter Hively

Peter Hively Registered

nicky at daytona march 2000.jpeg Man I wish I had a picture of Nicky and Tommy wearing the Arclight Racing sunglasses team owner Susan Warren gave them at Putnam Park in 1992!

But how about this one from Daytona 2000.

2. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Look at his legs. He was so thin, they look like McDonald's french fries with shows on the ends. Nick was insane about keeping his weight down. I'm sure he was fit beyond fit, but when I first met him at Road Atlanta in 1998 he wasn't skin and bone like that. Met him 4 times, and came away each time prouder of him.

He was ALWAYS a VERY cordial and nice to meet you kind of guy. He understood what he represented to us all as Americans.

Roger's also very outgoing. He'll shoot the breeze with you when he's at an event for a few seconds.

Tommy's also a very nice guy, but my impression is he's more to himself/introverted than the other two. It's just who he is and there's nothing wrong with that.

3. dexter69

dexter69 Well-Known Member

The Man!

Attached Files:

motion, 05Yamabomber and pscook like this.
  4. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Man, I'd love to have that last banner of Nicky on the RC. Would look great having over my RC.

5. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

I dontaed mine for the airfence years ago

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I've gotten quite a few odds and ends over the years... The most recent is the watch in Inquizid's picture (I alreaady had the glass). Many T-shirts and posters buried away (some signed). But here are a few odd-ball ones I have close at hand.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This poster is one of my favorites because of the story of getting it. It was from the Honda tent display at Daytona that year. Somebody asked what they did with the artwork when everything was over and they said they said they threw them out. The guy was interested in a picture of the CBR600, so I quickly asked if I could have the Nicky one. They said yes, but the wife and I came on a bike! So we carefully rolled it up and transported it home in an open-topped bankpack. It sat around a house for years before I finally coughed up the huge bucks to get it framed. The first picture shows the poster better, the second gives you more of an idea of scale (see Roger Lee Hayden's gloves for comparison).

[​IMG]

These poker chips were for sale at the Hayden tent at Laguna Seca MotoGP one year as I recall.

[​IMG]

Here's me getting my helmet autographed at Daytona around 2004 I think. The helmet was my regular use helmet, and is sitting on the shelf now with a few shreds of the autograph.

[​IMG]

Finally, a picture I took just after he was interviewed at Laguna Seca MotoGP 2005. Proud of this one as it was a spur of the moment picture and it came out so well. Not normally the case!

05Yamabomber, AC1108, Razr and 2 others like this.
  7. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Still hard to believe he's gone.

jkraft and AC1108 like this.
  8. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

No really memorabilia but a cool little article I found

[​IMG]

05Yamabomber likes this.
  9. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

10. trispdtrip

trispdtrip Poor, Fat, Slow Racer

After Nicky won Leguna in '05 he signed my ticket.

upload_2021-6-23_15-34-14.jpeg

05Yamabomber likes this.
  11. BigBird

BigBird blah

Bought this for the kids way back when

51266764943_b6d8435f01_c.jpg

AC1108 and Banditracer like this.
  12. Greenhound386

Greenhound386 Well-Known Member

Bought the same one before I had a kid. Now it's his!

AC1108 and BigBird like this.