1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

time for new track/race bike..

Discussion in 'General' started by Trainwreck, May 19, 2021.

1. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Yea, i can't believe your looking at 18-19k for all 3 liter bikes with TTL. Yikes!?!?!

2. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Assuming from your screen name that this is a 2019 gsxr 600?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. gixxerboy55

gixxerboy55 Well-Known Member

Yeah right, I just happened to be talking to a owner of a race shop here in town, I told him I was trying to decide between a r6 and a Gixxer, he said he had one he hardly rode, totally stock looks brand new.

4. gixxerboy55

He actually has two one he rides The other one was supposed to be a rental.

Newyork likes this.
  5. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

I was at Grattan yesterday for a private day. While I was there I was trying to make some things happen with a local Grand Rapids dealer. I wanted a ZX6R with literally no extra fluff.. I didnt want a title, registration, whatever.. I would have picked it up in the crate. was paying cash/check/credit card whatever they wanted.. They wont sell me a bike on an MSO and it was coming out to like $12K for a base model ZX6R.

I heard a dealer in Milwaukee will do an MSO.. I'm going to ACC this weekend. Hopefully I can work something out and maybe have one of my WI pals deliver it to the track for me. If not, I may just buy a used bike.. There is a WELL set up ZX10R for sale right now. 2016 with all the gimmicks and I could prolly hop on it for less than a new ZX6R.

Yesterday was tough at the track.. I was switching back and forth between an R1, to a C7 Grand Sport vette, to a C8 vette, then a well prepped E46 M3, an R6 here and there, and back onto the R1.. My brain was not happy about trying to adjust braking references. I'm exhausted today, and I have to ride Gingerman tonight. lol

Senna and Newyork like this.
  6. Trainwreck

I don't think so.. Those Oshkosh motors do seem to run great though.. until they don't. I have no interest in cutting that shop up, as they have helped me make some good progress on my chassis issues, and have always been exceptionally nice to me. Especially considering I don't give them much money, other than tire money when I do CCS rounds. When I dropped an engine on the shop floor last year, he reached out and offered me a really killer deal on a super stock engine he had on the shelf so I could get to the races. He didn't know that I had a spare engine already though.. Maybe I should reach out and see if he still has it. lol He also spent way more time than necessary helping me out during a race weekend when my chatter/chassis issues were so bad that I almost pulled out of the races. All I've ever given him in return is money for slicks when I'm at CCS rounds. Anytime I've asked anyone in that tent for anything, they've almost completely stopped what they were doing to assist me. They don't know me or owe me anything. I know others have had different interactions, but that's just my experience... Maybe its because I'm slow and they don't see me as a threat? LMAO

The other engine was stock, and ran great.. I literally dropped it like the huge dipshit that I am.. Busted the oil pan, and the bottom casing. Would prolly start up and run fine, except it'd piss oil everywhere. ( I intend on making one good engine out of these engines, and having my current ZX6R as a backup bike for friends and people I'm trying to get into the sport)

Current engine HAD to have been built. (or at least HG/Milled/degree'd cams) When I raced CCS/ASRA at Road America last year I would straight up obliterate most of the other middleweight bikes. Granted, it was AM, not expert, but I know for a fact some of the R6's I passed were built or had race gas tunes (I was on 94 pump) If I only had better starts and made less mistakes I would have done much better.. Oh well.

I'm also bummed about popping this engine because I think I may have had a breakthrough on my typical front chatter issues that plague the ZX6R chassis. The Pirelli slicks have helped a lot, but I think a lot of it is coming from the rear. Some shock adjustments have helped but the main thing has been the clutch. I get chatter when I fully release the brake and right before I add throttle. I started changing how I release the clutch under trail braking/release and it has helped tremendously. My next order of business was ordering a good slipper clutch and having very little back torque come through. I think they may be the ticket. This way I wont have to consciously try to work the clutch as much... So I kind of feel like I have a purpose by getting another ZX6R

However, after riding the R1 and the R6 and not having any chatter issues... I'm like hhhmmmmm lol (I also am not pushing these bikes nearly as hard as my ZX6R, the R1 is still a bit spooky, and I only rode the R6 once, and my body felt like I was literally fetal position on top of the tank.. ZX6R just "fits" me better than the R6.)

There's my morning ramble I do when my meds kick in. HAVE A GREAT FRIDAY! LMAOOOOO

7. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Well there you go! Even more reason to stay with the Kawasaki. If anyone knows those bikes its him. He could probably rebuild an engine and put it in your bike while he's sleeping.

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

9. gixxerboy55

Yeah sounds like another tough day at the office lol. As far as long post Broome has nothing on you.

Trainwreck likes this.
  10. Trainwreck

Once I start i just cant stop.. lol I just start putting way too much info. I wont respond to most emails until the afternoon for this reason. lol

11. Trainwreck

DBR likes this.
  12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I bet he wants 15 grand for that. Maybe more with all the spares.

13. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

I may be way off - But I would think either RM or Hammer may have done some work on that bike too?

Seems like a helluva package for $15-16K.

14. Trainwreck

I'm definitely getting used to the R1.. I was comfortably running near my ZX6R times at Gingerman. There are some areas of the track where I know I'm leaving speed, but this isn't my bike, so I keep the lid on through there.

I'm really enjoying the 1000cc... I also started helping STT this year, and having a big bike makes it a breeze to chase down riders if they do some silly goose moves lol

I wish parting a ZX6R was as easy as an R6.

15. Trainwreck

Welp... Just put a deposit down on a pretty well prepped ZX10R. Hopefully i can get up to pace quickly on it.

Will more than likely just keep the ZX6R and rebuild the engine with the money I'm saving on NOT buying a brand new bike. Then just have that as a backup, or a loaner for pals.

16. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Yeah, having a spare / backup bike can be handy.

17. onepusher

onepusher Socially Inappropriate

What about the Honda CBR 1000RR-R SP? 0e000da5-2a18-492c-8543-1f3e81787c87.png

cha0s#242 likes this.
  18. I can't say the same.

Kawi has actually pulled off a pretty impressive feat. It is hard to make a bike that is ugly as fuck, even in race trim. Most of the time everything looks great in race trim. The new ZX10 maintains its buttassugly look, regardless of setup.

cav115 likes this.
  19. Trainwreck

Not really interested in spending $35-$40K on a track day/race bike that will still have yellow plates. lol

That's what steered me away from buying a brand new ZX10R.. I'd have $25-30K into that to get it set up for me.. this 2016 ZX10R has a TON of nice stuff, some spares, low hours and was 35-40% of that price...

Anyone know off hand if 2009-12 ZX6R front wheels will fit a 2016+ ZX10R??.. I have 3 sets of zx6r wheels, and I'd like to get 3 sets of ZX10R wheels too. I like having that setup. One set always has rains, and the other sets keep fresh rubber on them so I'm quickly ready to swap for weather/racing/track day..

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Of all those cars which was the most enjoyable, and which was the quickest?