1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me: Buying Automotive A/C recharge and recovery machine

Discussion in 'General' started by Boman Forklift, May 10, 2021.

1. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Looks like I will research another set of gauges an electronic scale and a vacuum pump.

2. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

i have a used electronic scale i used in my refrigeration business. [email protected] if interested, i'll take pics and price.
    thanks,
    mike

3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

If you're buying in larger quantities than the couple pound cans you'll need a 609 cert for mobile air to purchase it. The test is stupid easy though, its open book, 25 questions and 20$ online. If you can't pass it you probably don't need to be messing with the systems anyway.

Phl218 and Boman Forklift like this.
  4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yes, let me know.

5. R/T Performance

R/T Performance Well-Known Member

I didn't read all the comments r1234 is the new replacment freon in some 2010 and newer vehicles.
    to buy 30# contaniers you need a act's license in most if not all states.(pretty simple test back when i was in the dealer they came in half day class about proper use of freon)
    it's way!!! cheaper to buy in 30#'s tanks ruffly $120
    Stop leak doesn't work and wrecks the filters there about a $100 bucks to replace
    non automatic r134 machines i have a snap on i bought from a shop closing for $800 work great you just need to operate the filling procedure to get the correct charge
    good luck

Boman Forklift likes this.
  6. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

I have pics, I have 2 TIF scales, model numbers 9000 and 9025. Both in excellent condition, used in my refrigeration business, until I had to close up due to motorcycle crash injury. Battery operated, 1/2 oz resolution, 60 lbs max weight on platform. Email me at [email protected] and I can send pics, as I recall each of these scales cost $175-200. Don't need them anymore, someone else may need them, $50 and shipping cost.