1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pool Maintenance

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Oct 24, 2017.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Before anyone asks, NO, THIS IS NOT MY POOL!!!

It is one of my customers', which brings up the very curious question of how the actual fuck you could look at that, and the overall condition of the rest of the yard, and decide that your property maintenance budget would be best allocated to pet waste removal, but whatever... as long as the credit card processes... I don't judge. (ish)

Anyway... You pool professionals in the house, have you ever taken on something this bad? Ever even seen something like this?

Ready?....

It's bad.
    . Way worse than my coffeecup.
    You were warned.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rest of the property looks just as bad. I checked the county property tax records. Same owner for the past 8 years. I could almost get my head around it if someone had recently bought the place (for a very short song), but... No.

aaronson likes this.
  2. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

:whoosh:ummm....never seen neglect like that b4. I'd probably call a dirt truck and fill er in and make a garden out of her

3. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

Drain, power wash, good as new.

Seriously, really not that hard to bring that thing back to life.

aaronson, The Todd and BigBird like this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

my one was in horrendous shape, at least it had a cover. and now it's back and working. some TLC, and it's good to go...once the plumbing is ok.

5. auminer

I'm curious to see if it starts to reek in the coming summer heat. Just looking at it you would imagine that the miasma would be overwhelming, but I can't smell anything from it. If that does become an issue, I might have to cancel them.

I have never lost my footing and fallen into a pool... come close a couple of times. Would very much suck to fall into that pit.

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Looks like the plaster is worn off. Everything is repairable, but if they neglect the rest of the yard they probably wont do the required maintenance on the pool even if it was fixed. But I would atleast drain it at that point. Sheesh. I have turned some turds around in my time..

7. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

I'll do it for 8k if you have the serial number from the last liner LOL

8. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Nah, prices haven't really increased more than normal, but the back log is a lot longer.

9. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Seen worse, fixed worse. Needs a tile job and new plaster. Not that big of a deal.

auminer likes this.
  10. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

I’ve had a really bad one ,years ago . The pool had about a dozen Gold fish ,about the size of a dinner plate. I think they could’ve broke the world’s record they were sooo big . After draining the green swamp . I discovered the busted aquarium on the bottom of the pool with gravel and a little plastic castle . I guess they didn’t want to take care of the gold fish anymore and decided to release them into the wild ,which happens to be their pool.

Boman Forklift, 2Fer and auminer like this.
  11. Used2befast

If that guy is paying you...your gonna need a bigger bilge pump :Poke:

12. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

Dave_SV likes this.
  13. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

so is there an app for iPhone that is something like put in the numbers you get when testing and shows you what you need to add? plus I guess showing you trends over time?

I have saltwater pool, anything I should pick up on my next walmart trip? I've got a few more bags of salt to use, but we just had a huge rain the past few days. Should have my testing kit here this afternoon (now that it's been "out for delivery" three times with Amazon the past few days).

14. Used2befast

Chlorine Stabilizer
    Baking Soda
    Clorox Salt Pool shock-oxidizer ( or whatever brand )

When we get tons of rain I usually shock the pool once. Then wait 4 or 5 days and check water balance. Salt pools typically require a constant flow of acid to keep ph down so you will need to add some depending on size of pool.

15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

https://www.troublefreepool.com/blo...xq4nB4m2tPpcOacJu_-Til0XEl_JcGuAaAqTxEALw_wcB

16. Used2befast

She should look like this 20210507_133744.jpg

bleacht and BigBird like this.
  17. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Opened my pool this past Sunday.

Right after opening:
    20210516_125705.jpg

This evening:
    20210517_193128.jpg

Color looks different because of the light, that drain cover is a bit over 9' below the surface.

I bought two cases of liquid chlorine for $13/case (4 gallons per case) from Ocean State Job Lots, it was kind of funny because they are limiting pucks or dry chlorine to 2 items per person but there is no limit on liquid chlorine so go figure.

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    bleacht and BigBird like this.
  18. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

My grandparents’ pool was worse than that when I went down to get their shit after they died (reverse mortgage on the house). It hadn’t been touched in probably 15 years- in S FL.

19. auminer

:eek:

20. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Is that the back yard of the house you were trying to get me to buy in DFW? :D

auminer likes this.