1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What the hell is up with used truck prices?

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, May 8, 2021.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hey Kris, wanna trade an RV for an F450 with a pickup bed?

:crackup:

BigBird likes this.
  2. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Sure. F-450's are the absolute unicorn of trucks right now. We're the biggest 450 dealer in the country, and I have none on the lot, 4 more coming sitting at the plant right now, and then no more until September. They going to bring the coin!!!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Hmmmm, well maybe after you get one in :D It's funny, I think I'm seeing more used ones than I am 350s.

While you're slumming, does Dodge have a version similar to it?

4. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

The 450 probably outsells the 350 right now 10-1 for all the reasons you guys listed earlier. Really no reason to buy the 350 DRW anymore unless it's insurance related or something.

And no, Ram doesn't have a 4500 equivalent.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's good to know, if we ever do sell the RV then I'll look for used 450's instead of 350's.

6. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

Wagar GMC near here is advertising that they are getting 2, yes 2 new trucks in the very new future from the factory. I guess shipments are so bad that they are trying to build a bidding war? Or maybe just trying to say, see we are getting stock? With the demand so high I think it's funny that they would spend money doing this.

7. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They should say " No low ballers, we know what we have ". :D

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Or offer to fill the bed with plywood to really incite a bidding war....:D

Montoya likes this.
  9. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

And these are TV and radio ads, wtf

10. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Yoooo... let’s hear some real world feedback! How’s the ride and power?

11. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Uh...gotta get me one. ;)

As far as a ride, I'm hearing the new one tons all ride better than an '02 F350, but I have no complaints about my '02's ride...it's a truck, what should I expect? I did have an '89 F250, once. That thing rode like a buckboard wagon but no where near as bad as an '02 Durango RT.
    One thing that bothers me about new pickups is the height of the beds and bed walls. I may have to spring for the goofy built-in tailgate step and forget about loading from the side, but I still feel a need for the heavy tow capability of a newer one ton.
    Don't need/want a CrewCab, don't need/want a diesel. The Godzilla has more rated capacity/power than my current F350 and an XL model can be had for $50K-ish.

12. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

2005+ Superduty went independent front suspension and really improved the ride (Front). Rear suspension hasnt changed much. Spring rate varies for different size superduty.

13. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

SD is still solid axle front end, thankfully. It went to radius arms and coils.

14. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Your right. Still got rid of front leafs in 2005.

15. fastfreddie

Of course, the option to keep/upgrade the '02 exists and it could be done with far less financial commitment, but here's what I would be looking at...

- '05 spring conversion. (Yes).
    - 4x4 conversion. (I live in a northern, rural environment).
    - Manual conversion. (The 4R100 trans is good, but not that good).
    - Power upgrade for mild HP and MPG increases as well as cleaner running. (Simple programming, some pipe stuff and bypass/deletes. Or, possible 7.3 Godzilla crate swap? $$$$).
    - Paint job. (It would be Ducati's Monster Dark, a satin metallic black for those that don't know...$$$$$).

What stops me? Diesel, CrewCab, Dually. It's a monster for daily driving and diesels don't like short hops. As it is, it sits for long periods which it prolly doesn't like, either...especially in winter when it's saturated with subfreezing temps. So, why not get a gasser with a shorter wheelbase?

:beer: to those that keep their old diesels and upgrade them.

16. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

So... I can sell my 2019 GMC 1500 w/6.2 to Vroom for about 5k more than I paid last June. I've put about 8k miles on it. WTF? She may be headed on down the road. I'll drive the 1990 K2500 and Accord.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, i've given it a shot to list my 2015 RAM on autotrader for $25 k. let's see, someone will wake up tomorrow and need it.

car dealers have already offered me 22k as trade in value.

bonkers.

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We already know you aren’t, no need to tell us. :crackup:

19. Rich

Rich Well-Known Member

I have an 01 250, and am finally parting ways with her....

20. fastfreddie

Hah! No beer for you! :D

Getting out of trucks altogether or...?