1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Me on the new Bronco

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

The Badlands is the trim equivalent to the Rubicon. Electronic sway bar disconnect is pretty slick in it. The GOAT modes in Badlands is nice too. I should have mine in a month or so. There's about a 12-15 month wait for anyone placing an order right now to get one.

2. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

The next Corvette ZR1 will be a twin-turbo V8, from all that I've read.

3. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I’ve heard of one guy that put a deposit on a 2023 electric vette. Trying to get some confirmation.

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

o_O I'm confused?

All things can't be equal when comparing a 4-6 cylinder turbo to a V8? All things not being equal is exactly what we are talking about.

5. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

All else. Everything but that.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Right up until you bolt a turbo to the V8. THe power they squeeze out of tiny powerplants with copious use of turbos is astounding however.

cav115 likes this.
  7. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

Yep. After I typed that I was second guessing myself. Still, 35s from factory seems pretty cool. Not sure about the rest of the truck, however.

8. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I'll take it when you sell it 3 months after you get it. :D

WANABE RACER likes this.
  9. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Could be a couple potentials with electric power.

There's the strongly-rumored "Project Zora" vette. Supposed to be around 1,000HP combined with the powertrain from the ZR1 and some electric assistance.

There's also a "Grand-Sport" type trim in the works with the basic V8 powertrain from the current car (not the upcoming flat-plane crank version in the Z06/ZR1) coupled with electric assistance good for a total of about 600HP.

10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

What I was told is that it was all-electric. Not a hybrid. Again, trying to get confirmation of whether it’s accurate or just grapevine talk.

11. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

I went and checked a couple out at the local dealer today. They had a Badlands with the 7spd which is what I am thinking about ordering. I still just have a reservation and haven’t converted to an order yet.

My impressions are:
    - Engine is a mess of wires and tubes. Broome would go crazy
    - Dash layout and switches were clean and great. I loved the huge touch screen they had on this one. It wasn’t turned on, but it was magnificent. The wireless phone charger and wireless Apple CarPlay will be great.
    - Driving position was solid. At 6’2” I didn’t feel like I had a ton more of headroom, but there was enough for me.
    - The MGV (marine grade vinyl) was interesting. I like the idea and it felt soft, but I’m still having a little mental block on not getting the leather. But the MGV includes a washout interior all around so that’s pretty compelling for a convertible. Oh also, the MGV had a very subtle shading pattern to it, almost like a micro (not mini, micro) digi camo. I liked it. Also if you get MGV, there’s no rear cup holders. None. Weird. Leather interior comes with a center armrest with cup holders.
    - The rear seat was surprisingly high, almost like stadium seating to help the rear passengers see better. At 6’2”, I was at the limit of comfort I bet but I would want to check out a hard top version to see what that’s like.
    - The soft top is not for me. I’ve had soft top convertibles before and this one did not wow me and being in the northeast, I think a removable hardtop is the way to go... for me.
    - Cargo space was comparable to my wife’s Highlander. All good there.
    - There were some weird square tubes visible just in front and behind the front wheel. There were open tubes that sort of looked like unused mounting points. They looked unfinished and weird.
    - They had an anti-matter blue which was pretty cool. Looks black in the shade and deep Pearl blue in the sun. Cactus gray was more gray than I was hoping. Early pics were more blue green but it looks more gray. We’re sort of leaning towards Area 51 blue even though I pointed out it’s close to the Amazon truck blue. Wife still like it the most.

I’ve gotta think a bit more if this is THE car for
    me. It ain’t cheap, but there’s a lot I like about it. I would rather drive one first to be sure and still might refuse delivery if I don’t like the test drive if I convert to an order and when it shows up next year.

The top is partially opened here, not fully opened or closed. Looks weird like this but I guess it lets you see the cargo space and get the open air feeing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 15, 2021
  12. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Finally seeing these in the wild. I've seen a few here in Central Texas. A co-worker went today and picked up one of the 2 he ordered, drove it 10 miles to a consignment lot and put it up for 10 grand more than he paid. I was hoping he would bring it to work first so I could get an up close look. They look smaller than I expected, but I like what they did.

13. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Still waiting for my order to get a build date.....

14. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I didn't know that was even a thing. Hope he makes bank.

15. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

My dealer converted my reservation to an order without telling me or my input on configuration. They wanted a $1500 non refundable deposit to adjust the order configuration for me and Ford told me that once it’s an order, they can’t move it to a new dealer.

I have no desire to give this dealer my business now so I may lose priority from my 1st week reservation. I was going to wait for MY23 which should have white painted hard tops as an
    option, but now I’m thinking screw it, I don’t need a new vehicle anyways.

16. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I am a little surprised no one has tried to throw one on BAT yet.

17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Damn.

On the one hand, it's not like there won't be more of them made. On the other hand, that's a really shitty thing for the dealer to do.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My friend got his last month and I got to try it briefly on the road. Very nice truck. Good power from the engine. Very distant feel from the road, but that was to be expected from such a vehicle on those fat tires.

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

my buddy is a ford tech.

he typically stays clear from new vehicles, especially hyped ones.

but he's definitely getting a bronco.

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

This is the only first year bronco I'd touch..

Bronco