1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chopping wood for Fire Pit/Fire Place

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, May 5, 2021.

1. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Hmm... I must have missed that one.

2. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

I had some freakishly hard rounds from a tree that fell in my backyard, seriously sparks shot out using a maul or a splitting axe on more than one occasion.

Got some wedges and a sledge and made short work of it all.

3. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

4. Hydraulic wood splitter, I have a maul but rarely use it.

5. speedluvn

I brought a splitting maul, splitting ace and wedges.

I’ve become obsessed with sharp axes, knives and anything else that needs an edge.

6. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?threads/divorce-help-god-damn-epidemic.355193/page-27#post-5437901

Best reply:

:crackup::crackup:

7. speedluvn

Some beebers have a lot of time on their hands.

8. craig641

craig641 Well-Known Member

Your picture looks like your stacking the wood against the house. You'd be better off stacking that further away from the house. That wood will soon be home to a lot of insects and some snakes you don't want in your house. Might want to pick up a couple pressure treated 2x4 to stack the wood on. I never had much luck with pallets. They seem to rot quickly and are awkward to walk on when stacking.

Phl218 likes this.
  9. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

10. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Nope, not a sharp maul....it will not follow the grain as good as a semi dull one.

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Maul & sledgehammer are required.

The latter comes in handy when the wood is knotty and the maul needs a bit of help to finish the job of going through the log...

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Borough or rent a hydraulic splitter and just be done with it.

BigBird likes this.
  13. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:D

kangasj likes this.
  14. grasshopper

Ah fuck whatever. LOL

kangasj and motoracer1100 like this.
  15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

And no need for a gym membership. :Poke:

cav115 and Phl218 like this.
  16. BigBird

BigBird blah

$100 for the day, this might be the ticket, i don't really need to do this again as this was the wood from clearing some trees that were dead/dying. And I can keep the ex-girl's boyfriend at his home.

17. grasshopper

We had 4 big ass trees cut down along our driveway about a month ago. To save a few bucks I asked the guys to just cut them up so the pieces were manageable enough for me to put them in the log splitter. So I "Borrowed" a friends log splitter and spent 2 weekends in a row splitting more wood than I ever wanted to. But seriously that log splitter was a saving grace. We will be burning Indiana Maple at Road America in June for sure. I'll smuggle it across 2 state lines and hopefully not get pulled over by the DNR

969, motoracer1100 and BigBird like this.
  18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Bring it to the next kids baseball practice, and tell the other dads that you just can't seem to split it. They will trip over their dicks to show you up and split it all for you. Work smarter, not harder ;)

renegade17, auminer, Phl218 and 2 others like this.
  19. BigBird

BigBird blah

I love this idea!!!!

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

You think that he was referring to people who have enough time to split wood, or the roughly 15 seconds that I spent finding and pasting quotes from the divorce thread about the poor sap getting cucked?

Clarification is needed.

If he has enough time on his hands, that is.