1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any construction project managers in the house?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Is that Ebonics? :D

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Ebonicum Confusium

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Oh...Latin Ebonics.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

ess yay.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

order of trades is important... you want your concrete, roofer, and spray foam subs fighting it out before you get a form board measurement. Spray foam does a fantastic job of covering poor framing but has no structural value. :) Roofer always ends up on top... unless youre constructing a Ripleys building. :)

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Seems to start with something like "Lorem epsum..."

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That is just cruel.

8. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

I know about those

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Ok
    Here is the question.
    I know folks are touchy on income.

I am considering changing careers and have been offered a position with a company.

I was inquiring about a typical pay scale range for a project manager to negotiate for the position.

Feel free to pm your answer or post openly.

Of course, location will affect salary

10. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

I was a superintendent for a GC in Nashville for 35 years. Can we talk about shitty subs?

11. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Before you go, I need 600’ of 5’ chain link. :D

12. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

certainly. im always looking to separate myself from my competition...

Sprinky likes this.
  13. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

starting salary depends on size of project...
    Very least Id say would be ~85,000/yr. M-F with some Sats on occassion in commercial. For residential youll be working 7 days and struggling to get materials as well as juggling closing deadlines.

Fencer likes this.
  14. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

location is huge. i was looking to relocate and stay in the same industry and position, but moving to a much smaller location. the pay significance was large, but so was the lowered cost of living. go on ziprecruiter, linked in, indeed.com and type "construction PM in XXX city and state" and see what is out there. i was able to get a good idea on avergaes for the location i am moving to doing that.

here are my specifics: southern california, my position in my company size, avg 100k - 115k for a typical PM. Senior PM, project exec etc are higher.
    i was looking to move to northern AZ, avg 75k to 90k is whats being advertised on the job boards.

good luck!

Fencer likes this.
  15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

What location, what type of construction, how large a firm?

You have run your own business, which is a plus. Are you skilled in scheduling and management software? Is there a path to partial ownership?

16. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

Are you good at adult babysitting or have you taken some sort of referee classs... that pretty much sums up construction PM.

team1887 and R Acree like this.
  17. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

For someone who has been in the industry as a PM for 2-5 years in the NYC area I would offer a salary around $110-130k. This is for high end residential, I have no idea about other markets.

For someone who has been in this specific market for 5-10 years that can range up to $175k but the devil is in the details.

18. R Acree

R Acree Banned

This is definitely true on the GC side. Hell, even on the sub side, with the labor market these days it has got to be like herding cats.

TurboBlew likes this.
  19. Sprinky

Sprinky Well-Known Member

As said, lots is dependent on location, type of construction, size of company / size of project.

Most experienced PM's around here in my world (Wisco) who are self sufficient (i.e. able to mainly run a project / crew / team on their own) are in the $75K-$90K range for salary and usually over $100K with bonus. Company vehicles, etc are often included also.

Fencer likes this.
  20. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I am in central Pennsylvania. Most residential construction is by mom/pop or by single owner gc.
    Commercial contractors will have PM's... I would day going rate around hear 50k-75k for an experienced pm.