1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

Picked up a CMMG Banshee 300 9mm. An absolute riot. 4/15 marked my 6 months of waiting for the accompanying suppressor.

Photo likes this.
  2. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

sweet piece but i want the 200. What supressor are you waiting on for it?

3. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

I'm at 8 months. Hopefully you have better luck than me. All these people posting 4-6 month approvals suck!

4. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Just did the paperwork on mine a week ago. I'm hoping to get mine by Christmas. Sucks to be able to hold the damn thing, already fully paid for but not be able to take it home.

sbk1198 likes this.
  5. Steak Travis

May end up chopping the 308 down to 16" when the TBAC arrives
    [​IMG]

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

My AR 6.5 creedmoor has a 20” barrel. So I bought a can that 1/3 of the body is actually over the barrel. I had the idea and I was going to build it myself and thought I can’t be the first to think of that. So buying was way quicker. But only because I’m a dealer. It is still a long gun but it shoots way too good to fuck with it.

7. NickyZ

NickyZ Well-Known Member

Sig SRD9

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

9. I put ~150 rounds through it today. And ~150 through the X5 Legion.

(also put 100 through the little Canik, just because it’s my current EDC).

My first thought was “Fuckinhell this things alright” :D

These are the first 2 magazines I put through it at 10 and 15 yards. I know the distances aren’t anything to write home about, but for my first 2 mags through it, and my first time shooting anything in 6 weeks, I’m happy with it.

7F516ADE-D516-4721-9444-277945FAD1E6.jpeg

They were all consistently down/right a little. The Deltapoint was installed and zeroed by Staccato, so I have to assume it’s good. It was likely me just pulling it that way. I wish I could blame it on the wind, but I was inside. :D

My first trip to the range after being out of the country is never spectacular anyway. I’ll go back in a couple of days.

The trigger is pure butter. Simply amazing.

The only complaint I have is that on two different occasions I kicked the safety up with my thumb mid-magazine. It’s likely a fundamental flaw on my part, since I only have 6-7 guns with safeties so it isn’t something I have to worry about much. Once I became aware of it, I just moved my thumb over the top of it.

I do have to say the X5L is a smoother shooting gun overall, and fits my hand much better. But a lot of that is due to the size and weight of it. The 2011 has a better trigger and is more accurate (IMO).

Next time I’ll take both of those, plus the Q5 Match SF and shoot them all B2B.

sbk1198 likes this.
  10. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah...consistent left ventricle hits. ;)

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

You’re anticipating recoil. I see it all the time. Dry fire.

Your right thumb should be resting on top of the thumb safety (you are right handed correct)? Don’t make any adjustments to the DPP until you’ve been behind it for a while.
    Also, torque stripe the mounting screws.

Attached Files:

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Take the big canik as well. (TP9sfx)
    Then you'll have a good comparison.

13. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

The legion is a fantastic gun. I shot Max Michels and was blown away by how good the trigger is. Sig has the best striker fired polymer triggers I’ve felt. But they pale in comparison to a 1911 trigger ( I know I know.... I’m a bit biased lol).

14. Ah shit, yeah I need to do that. I love that big Canik.

15. I meant to say, the Uplula is the best thing in the history of things.

Just prepped my bag for tomorrow, which meant loading 25 mags.

I got the little Canik, big Canik, the 2011, X5 Legion, and VP9L ready to go, with 4 spare mags for each.

Only took a few mins, and my fingers aren’t sore at all. I wish ida gotten one of these a long long time ago. I just always figured they were a gimmick.

Great call guys. This thing is a life (hand) saver. :beer:

sbk1198 and Steak Travis like this.
  16. Steak Travis

I just loaded up a bunch of 6.5 and I've got plenty of 10mm. I need to hit the range this Friday.

Has anyone used Winchester 6.5 Staball powder? My local shop has an 8 pound jug of it and the inter web can't decide if it's good or not. I prefer reloader 16 or 4350 but that stuff is unobtanium right now. I traded some h1000 for some Varget yesterday so I can load up some rounds for my 308 yay!

17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Well, shit.

I wandered over to Academy to look for more mags for the new Ruger Carbine. And they had one of these tungsten Caniks sitting on the shelf. And it is a kickass color. So now I have another gun to take to the range tomorrow.

Damnit.

18. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Double check the bag to make sure they're actually in and you don't leave them home again ;)