1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should we buy a Porsche?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sundaydisco, Jul 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Phl218

Phl218 .

Do it and never look back. Except in the rear view mirror.

oh and that AWD with the snow you got up there? Have fun and post some pics

BigBird likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

nice fleet but another SUV, and a 200k one [emoji1785]
    ~sent from mobile

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I would definitely buy a car cover (I have used them on much less expensive vehicles) but it seems like a reasonable plan. Use the car the way it was intended. It's not supposed to be a garage queen.

BigBird likes this.
  4. A. Barrister

A. Barrister Well-Known Member

A carport type of situation, or one of those portable shelters would do wonders. Biggest thing is to keep the car out of the sun. Not sure if car covers damage the paint over time due to the car not being clean 100% of the time when the cover goes on. But if it's a driver, then it probably isn't as much of a concern.

5. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Did you get impacted by the recall?

6. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

No, from what I’ve heard it affected 190 of the 2021’s. Mines a ‘20.

BigBird likes this.
  7. anupe

anupe Searching for consistency

Glad to hear that for you. I’m soon to receive my 2021 C2S, I was concerned it might get impacted by the recall. So far so good.

Drive your GT4 in good health!

8. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Thanks very much! To you as well.

9. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Big fan of Porsche except for one thing: the in-service date. The Porsche in-service date is the day the car rolls off the assembly line. It is not the date of delivery to the customer. The in service date is when warranty coverage begins. It is also the date when service intervals begin. So if a dealership does a dealer trade the vehicle may have been sitting at a another dealership for an extended period of time. The customer that buys the car will be looking at a shorter warranty and a service light soon after taking delivery.

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

interesting. VW/Audi, same VAG family, but the dealer usually resets the in-service date/warranty to delivery date. I know my car was sitting on the lot for almost a year, as the dealer didn't reset the service interval when I picked it up, and asked for a oil change with 200 miles on it.

11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

That's retarded. Fuck 'em.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

That doesn't sound right or legal?

13. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

According to Porsche website it is the date the car is marked as sold to PNA. Just like every other manufacturer.

BigBird likes this.
  14. BigBird

BigBird blah

15. socal

socal Well-Known Member

If my own experience with this is not enough, you can read more here https://rennlist.com/forums/997-forum/678417-when-does-the-new-car-warranty-start.html

The two previous posts are in conflict and show how Porsche plays a bit of a game with this. Car gets punched when PNA buys it off the assembly vs when customer takes delivery. Never dealt with this when buying any other brand. Industry practice, it is my understanding, is that the car always gets punched when customer takes delivery. Not so at Porsche.

16. Kolbe

Kolbe Well-Known Member

The postings in the referenced forum are in line with every other manufacturer. The selling dealer reported the unit sold to Porsche before the customer took possession. This is typically done to lock in retail sales programs including subsidized interest rates from the manufacturer.

I cannot speak to your experience @socal. It sounds like there is something not adding up with what the dealer told you vs what you got for your purchase.

BigBird likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Those posts look like normal practice. I don't see anything out of the ordinary. It's not like the warranty started the day they painted the frame.

~sent from mobile

Kolbe likes this.
  18. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Sky was looking pretty last night, so I took a little drive up the mountain. Damn I love this car...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

motion, HPPT, 418 and 5 others like this.
  19. 418

418 Expert #59

Registering a unit for warranty a year before a retail customer takes possession of it is not standard practice AFAIK.
    That's certainly doesn't sound like the industry standard to me.

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

It wasn't a year, it was a month