1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy S@#t the field is stacked @ the 2021 Daytona 200

Discussion in 'General' started by Pneumatico Delle Vittorie, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

What happened to DiSalvo I didn't see his times in the Q sessions?

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

@Quicktoy do you follow CCS on Facebook? Someone just posted a quick vid of MD and he basically says exactly what you did a few pages ago. Came with bike issues and too few laps to sort it out at this point.

jdmosley43 and Quicktoy like this.
  3. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

I don't understand this at all. With all the interest in him coming over, he should have pristine A and B bikes and several weekends practice on them.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Kind of a catch-22. Build them to 100% hoping to last 500 miles or not having the HP to win.

5. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid:

6. 418

418 Expert #59

I mean I get it but "interest" doesn't mean funding so it's kinda easy to blame the team.

Saying that, who IS that team? I mean I would think MD could have gotten a ride with some of the more professional/well known team on the grid.

I would be thoroughly embarrassed if that's the level of equipment I provided to a guy like MD.

KneeDragger_c69 and jdmosley43 like this.
  7. Chino52405

Maybe he didn't want a fully backed effort. Probably just wanted to get to bike week for a covid vacation and the 200 is like his resort having a fitness center.

The Todd and badmoon692008 like this.
  8. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Dunlop has a history of being an independent operator. It doesn't surprise me, at all, that he's doing this on a bit of a shoestring.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I don’t actually know if he does build his own, but if so I can’t disagree.

I remember Aussie Dave telling me, after he blew up an engine at an AMA round, he was pushing for more power and it popped. He said it was making more power than his Yoshimura engined bike.

I remember being initially surprised he could make more power than the Yosh team. He then said he could push the limits further than Yosh, since Yosh couldn’t have their top bikes blowing up at an AMA national.

418 likes this.
  10. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I don't know the dude so no idea on their engine situation but, someone wins every year without blowing an engine up...

Except that one year :crackup:

11. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

On a ZX-6R?

12. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

I have the peacock app. Can I access the 200 from there or do I have to have sports gold?

13. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Well, if that’s the case I don’t think I would be buying an engine from him.

I’m frugal and I know our builder, Carry Andrew told me 3 AMA national rounds per engine and only 1 Daytona round per engine build.

We didn’t make Daytona in his first year because Tyler was still 15. He still finished 5th in points his first season while missing Daytona, so we were pretty happy and we had a bunch of electrical issues throughout the year.

For year two I bought a used Graves bike from Lex Hartl’s dad, so our original could be the backup and hopefully get rid of the electrical issues. Tyler felt the Graves bike was a bit slower, and it dyno’d a little less, but Tyler really liked the electronics better and how it felt rolling on the throttle.

Went to a Wera race in Vegas and we were having a good weekend. He beat Bryce Prince and some other fast guys so he was feeling great. At the start of one of the races a rider accidentally ran into Tyler at the start and both Tyler’s wheels were off the ground and he was knocked part way off the bike, but he lucked out and saved it. He regrouped and checked out the bike and noticed the brake lever was sticking up, so he hammered it down and pumped it back up and started to work through the field from the back.

Came up on Jason Aguilar and as Tyler was passing him Jason checked up, having seen a rider up front spinning up a bit. Unfortunately Ty tried to avoid Jason but Tyler’s right handle bar hit the left back corner of Jason’s tail section and Tyler went down breaking his collarbone and some ribs too I think. Fortunately Jason was unaffected.

That made us miss Daytona that year too, as his collarbone wasn’t plated and I didn’t really mind not spending a couple grand round trip on diesel, couple grand on tires, and then having to rebuild a motor when we got home.

Gino230 and Yzasserina like this.
  14. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

You need AFT Trackpass. $1.99/month and gets you all the AFT races and the Daytona 200. You access it through the NBC Sports app on whatever you're streaming with or on your computer. You don't need to whole Gold package.

15. SpeedWerks Racing

SpeedWerks Racing Well-Known Member

Lot to do with it after a year of being locked up,,
    on another note Ireland is really fuck with over the top covid restrictions, the team got fucked with CBP/paperwork.

Chino52405 likes this.
  16. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

That's my point. Jason's builds have won dozens of championships. No worries there..

Trying to win the Daytona 200 is a special case, IMHO.

17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same..didnt see Knapp either..they were both supposed to be running for Harris AFAIK...

18. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Looks like coverage starts in 30 minutes. What time does the flag drop?

19. Chino52405

Here we go!

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Is there live timing somewhere?