1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ez-up canopy

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, May 21, 2019.

1. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

On the upper part of the lower/telescoping leg. Where I put the red dot in this pic. 20210302_074222.jpg

tiggen likes this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

I have been putting the tie down in the corner on the diagonal lower brace of my First Up for years. Never had an issue with that. Bent a side spar once when the wind was really pushing into the side of the canopy, but no issues with the area where it was tied down in the corner. With that said, different canopy designs will have different weak points.

3. Rich Graver

Rich Graver Well-Known Member

The most important thing that I found was that they are anchored properly. One side to the garage and the other with a cement block strapped on each corner. My Euromax stood for 2 years.

4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I bought ABC canopys on Amazon and are amazed at the quality, rigidity, and UV inner lining. Super high quality and great price. I have had them 4 years and they still look new. I will never buy another brand as long as these guys are around.

rcarson15, Badger911GT3 and Youpaiyou like this.
  5. malamute

malamute ARRA racer

Have had them on my interest list for a while. What color top did you get? And of those 4 years, how long have they been out in the elements?

6. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I got black top. I bought one, and was so impressed (my EZ UP got trashed at Vegas so I just left it there in trash) with my first one I ordered a second one a month later. These things have been through a race season in 2018. Everywhere we go is windy. I tie each side to my truck, and trailer and they can stay up through 20mph winds no problem. Also All my race tracks are in the desert so hot temps. The frame has a coating on it that is thick like textured powder coating. Much better then anything I have seen. Plus the UV protection inner lining. Im telling you I am super picky about shit and these are legit. Come with real strong bags with wheels. My wife can put them away. I also ordered the side walls for them. Fits great. Really impressed with this brand. under-valued for sure.

malamute likes this.
  7. Youpaiyou

Youpaiyou Well-Known Member

+ 1 for ABC canopys on Amazon

Badger911GT3 likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you're in grass/gravel tent stakes through the holes in the feet on the legs helps a ton. The main thing though is simple - a gas can and a fire bottle along with a pair of take offs is NOT enough to hold down a canopy.

Boman Forklift and malamute like this.
  10. _indy

_indy Well-Known Member

I don't remember both in the $150 range. The EuroMax overall think it's a better 10x10

11. bluebandit2g

bluebandit2g Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in getting a new canopy. I just ordered a 10x10 Ezup https://www.ezup.com/patriot-one-up-tech-shelter.html and some of the directors chairs with the tables attached.
    Contact the gentleman below. He was able to offer a decent discount and free shipping !! I don't know him. Just saw the email in a previous post and thought I would try it out. He was very helpful and quick to respond !!!

Ken Buchholz
    [email protected]

12. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

13. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I saw a full 10 drawer Craftsman toolbox that was holding a canopy get thrown about 10 feet in the air onto hot pit lane at Gingerman during practice for an endurance race. It smashed apart and it was lucky no one was killed. Word quickly came from control to take all canopies down.

14. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Yea Ive had a full 3 drawer tool box get taken off the table and throw all drawers of sockets and tools everywhere. Lesson learned.

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I can't seem to find the footage anywhere on Youtube, but a couple seasons back at the MA round at Road America the winds picked up and got under I think the Yoshimura team's tent and flung it up and it launched a a full 5 gallon bucket of water being used as a weight across the paddock like a trebuchet.

JBall likes this.
  16. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

I used to use a 5 gallon bucket (no lid) on each corner. One time the canopy started to slide, tilted the buckets causing them to dump, the canopy set sail.......Now I use 2 buckets (with lids!) on each corner. It's a pain hauling 40 gallons of water from the hose station to the campsite but it seems to work.....so far. The big advantage is not hauling 100's of pounds of ballast all over the country.

beac83 likes this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cool on the deal but I'd be careful buying that model, they're not as strong as the eclipse II or whayever it is with more framework. I do like the vented top tho.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't understand this thinking at all.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, water buckets and lids are great for the corners that can't be tied to the trailer or whatever.

20. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I have 2 e-track single clips bolted to the bottom of my trailer just for strapping the canopy down. Screw in ground anchors for the other side (large dog ones). Were its paved, truck parked on the other side with straps to it if the wind is picking up.