Summit - Who's Goin'?

Discussion in 'General' started by Pants Romano, Jun 7, 2004.

1. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Thinking.....

Oh now here we go! Get your mind out of the gutter GP! ;) :p

2. RacerGirl117

Does anyone know the actual physical address for Summit? Doesn't help when looking for a hotel when you just put Summit Point, WV on most travel web sites.

3. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Closests hotels are located in:

Charles Town, WV (~8 miles from track)
    Winchester, Va (~12 miles from track)
    Martinsburg, WV (~15 miles from track)

My favorite is the Comfort Inn in Winchester, Va. Nice, clean, free continental breakfast, and close to the track.

4. cowboy600rr

cowboy600rr Well-Known Member

for the first time, i can say i'll be there. :clap: doing my first race ever on sunday. psyched beyond belief. hope to meet some of you there.

5. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

http://www.summitpoint-raceway.com/accommodation.htm

6. RacerGirl117

Yeah, unfortunately the Comfort Inn in Winchester is all booked up. Most of the "nicer" hotels in the area are booked up or too expensive. Can't really afford to, nor do we really want to, pay more than $50/night. Not really saving any money not taking the big trailer when you have to fork out over $100 for a room. Not sure what we're gonna do. May just camp it in a tent for all I care.

7. RacerGirl117

Frank, I know you're trying to help but I've already been there and have exhausted most of the options. I was looking for the "street" address for the track. I already know the p.o. box and zip code. Thanks anyway.

8. motorcycleman

motorcycleman Well-Known Member

Platinum Racing with the twin black/Yellow 600RRs in the house

Wouldn't miss it for the world...............hope to see all you guys there for some fun in the sun hopefully....................goodluck everyone..........#185 PELPHREY #131 Lawson

9. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

Jess, the Shoney's Inn isn't too bad. Believe it's in Winchester.

10. RacerGirl117

Hmm...hadn't checked that one. Will try it later. Tent is sounding real good right about now though.

11. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Thinking.....

rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rainrain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rainrain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rainrain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rainrain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rainrain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rainrain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rainrain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rainrain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rain rainrain rain

12. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Taken from the "track Info" page of this board.

Summit Point Raceway
    Rt 13
    Summit Point, WV 25446
    (304) 725-6512

Tent in the rain sounds like fun. Or not.

13. stickman

stickman crash free since 5/6/07

Huh, that's weird. I just checked their website and they have rooms available, at least for saturday night. I checked because my folks may be going this weekend.

http://www5.choicehotels.com/ires/e...=&month=6&day=12&depart_month=6&depart_day=13

14. RacerGirl117

Re: Re: Re: Thinking.....

Brat! :mad: I'm gonna get you T! ;)

15. RacerGirl117

If the tent is water/rain proof, no worries. If not, and it does rain, hubby will have one irritable wife on his hands. ;)

But it doesn't matter, 'cause it's NOT GOING TO RAIN! And if it does, we'll be covered by canopies.

16. RacerGirl117

Hmm...well doesn't matter at this point anyway. Looks like we'll be camping it (unless the bugs/mice have eaten the tent ;) ).

17. RacerGirl117

Well I just looked at radar and there's a nice big blob of rain headed straight for WV. So thanks...thanks a LOT George! :mad: See what you've done?! :mad: ;) :p

18. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy