1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Cal's like a bad smell, he won't go away" - Miller

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

i hope Jack will keep up his no-filter game in the next few years.

just like Cal did in the past.

the spanish kids are all too much for conformity...

motion, Gorilla George and BHP41 like this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I gave my all, I'm done!

Nice interview with Cal

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/9...PJAPdkdi7qdd4vu4FRyyOnx4svCftiAXZA07H_Q5phIH4

"I feel a [sense of ] relief. I feel, as I said, I'm done," explained the 35-year-old. "I believe I've won a race in every championship I've been in. I couldn’t have done any more, honestly speaking, with my talent alone.

I've always been the first guy to say that it was my determination that brought me through most of racing. And maybe not being the most talented made me continue longer and want it more.

I always said I would stop and retire when I got up in the morning and never had the motivation. But I still get up in the mornings and still have the motivation to go on my bike and train etc. It's just I can't compete at the level I want to compete at anymore. It's as simple as that."

Damn....can't help but like the guy.

j cal, SuddenBraking, ducnut and 6 others like this.
  3. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

I hope when he walks away from the track, he starts a new career in medical care/equipment. I want him to start his own line of Cal Crutchlow pace makers.

When the patient is ready for the installation of the device, the surgeon can say "Nurse, give me 1 CC stat." And the nurse can say "Cal crashed in 87% of all gravel traps throughout his racing career."

:D

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Whaaa ??
    [​IMG]

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Racing needs some riders with a bit of character, and he has enough to make up for two or three Pedrosas.

6. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I watched his interview on motogp.com and he just genuinely looked happy. Like a big weight has been lifted off his shoulders.

When I told the wife he retired and is now going to be a Yamaha test rider she said "why? do they want to test how good their bikes crash?" lol. I always liked Cal, He spoke his mind, wore his heart on his sleeve and he always gave his all, but that did result in a lot of scrap metal.

jksoft and BigBird like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You know it's not good when your wife thinks like post-retirement Lorenzo, right? :D

badmoon692008 likes this.
  8. Dan Dubeau

Jorge sounded like a dick when he said it though lol

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's why I said it's not good. :D

Quicktoy and Dan Dubeau like this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

lol

Quicktoy likes this.
  11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

Lorenzo joined the MotoGP class in 2008.

Since 2008, here are the non-MM champions that rode Yamahas:

2008 - VR46
    2009 - VR46
    2010 - Lorenzo
    2012 - Lorenzo
    2015 - Lorenzo

Lorenzo retired last year, giving VR46 an additional year to catch up, and still couldn't.

It has been 11 years now since VR46 has won a championship. 11 years. Joan Mir was 12 when Rossi last won a championship.

I admit, based upon data sourced from here, Lorenzo kind of screwed himself over in regard to maintaining his relationship with Yamaha. I still think Yamaha could have won 2-3 more rider, and many more manufacturer championships, had they stuck with Lorenzo and Spies. Lyn Jarvis screwed over Spies to get an open seat for VR46. I'm still mad about that.

CC will last maybe 3-4 months before he says "F this" and quits on Yamaha again, like he did with Tech 3. I tire of his endless list of excuses.

ShadowBoxer likes this.
  12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Crutchlow did 3 years with Tech 3 he hardly quite early.

Boman Forklift, pscook and BigBird like this.
  13. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

the first 95% is baffling but you spelled “DUCATI” wrong on the last part.

14. ton

ton Arf!

Have a look at Ben's palmares from 2012, coupled with his shoulder injury, and then think about whether you'd "screw him" for an opportunity to bring back Valentino and the attention he brings to the sport. And remember that at that point, Rossi was 3 years from his last championship (2 of which were on Ducati).

15. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Why are people comparing Rossi to any of the actual fast MotoGp guys?

rossi won against scrubs.

Lorenzo, Stoner, and Mm all won against each other. The fastest riders on the planet of their generation.

rossi won his titles against WERA super stock riders.

16. YamahaRick

But he did say "I'd win if I were on a Honda," and, IIRC, stopped mentioning the Brand Y name in press conferences. He was acting like an a-hole back then too.

The three month comment is in regard to 2021 as a test rider.

17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

But he did win on a Honda plus he had a year at Ducati before the LCR ride and his best World Championship position was fifth, in his final year at Tech 3.

18. MGM

MGM Well-Known Member

Paging Robby-Bobby, it appears that Uncle Clarance has hacked your account because you’re talking gibberish.

19. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

I’m just saying.... when Rossi has to race Stoner, Lorenzo, and Mm, his wins went down like 90%.

I mean Rossi did beat up on a lot of no-names with no titles.

20. YamahaRick

WERA SS riders - a lot of them won titles as Novi. Don't knock 'em.

BigBird and Sabre699 like this.