1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the 2021 schedule?

Discussion in 'General' started by regularguy, Nov 13, 2020.

1. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Yep, I know the SCCA got the usual date for their run offs and I don’t doubt that it would be almost impossible to reclaim that weekend. Just think it would be a good thing to try and make it work somewhere in your schedule. I certainly don’t have much of a grasp on all the challenges of trying to find a new weekend slot but judging by the comments the last few years on here a lot of people would welcome a return to VIR.

Just curious if the SCCA stays at one venue for about 5 years before they move to another track? It seemed like they used to be at Mid Ohio for a lot of years and then started doing more frequent rotations to other tracks.

Lance Molnar likes this.
  2. Lance Molnar

Lance Molnar Aoxomoxoa

Gotta be a way to get VIR back on the schedule...darn shame that one has slipped away...great track for Endurance races too...just sayin'...
    Could always partner with one of the Trackday Orgs to do some sort of special Friday-Monday weekend...TDs Friday/Monday, Races Sat/Sun..."Racer Recruitment Weekend"!
    Would assume the track costs have gone down anyhow considering the 50+% increase in lodging rates there this year o_O

3. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Vir and Virginia I'm general is crazy with covid protocol, hopefully it doesn't impact next year but it may impact the scheduling of it

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So do I. It's a cool track.

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, have to talk to them.

WERA33 likes this.
  7. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I heard some sad news this weekend that Auto Club Speedway is closing they are leveling it for a Nascar oval instead. If this is true then it SUCKS! That is my favorite track. Sean are we still going race it at all in 2021 before it closes? I thought you said January was locked in but I am now hearing rumors that may not even be the case.

8. noles19

I thought they were building the short track inside the big track?

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

If that is true, the track that WERA uses is the NASCAR front straight, dropping onto the apron at turn one, and then into the infield between one and two. So that would probably knock out the road race track there.

10. noles19

11. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

Bump.
    Any update ?

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

C’mon now, Mongo is in a turkey and pie induced coma, give him some time. :D

13. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

I am just trying to ruin his nap ...