1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I found that out the other night when I went to look at the lume.
    I think the sandwich dial makes them a bit more crisp than the painted dials.

Did you like your 112? :D

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I did but I wish I had put it on the rubber strap.

I never really wore it and it was just sitting so I decided to sell it. I'll miss it but it's new owner will wear it more then I did and I'm sure he'll enjoy it.

Jedb likes this.
  3. Jedb

I'm sure you gave him a good price and stellar deal.
    If the one you had was in 1/2 as good condition as the one I received, he'll have a deal!!!

So, back to the SKX for you?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeah, I think I'm going with one. I wore my sub all weekend and it just felt weird wearing it now that it's worth what it is.

I really like the idea of the 007. :)

5. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

@CJ . As much as I hate to say it, I'm going to have to pass for now. Just too similar to the other one to justify it right now.

6. Jedb

Maybe a couple of different NATOs and the rubber bracelet.
    I'm sure if you wanted a super-oyster, that would be no problem either...

7. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

I just ordered another Seiko SKX007J1. So bummed. Lost mine....not sure where... called all the hotels i stayed at last week with no luck. The big bummer is the price!! I bought the first one over 5 years ago for $213. This one was $300

8. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Sucks.
    I recently found my vintage omega seamaster. I thought I lost it but it was tucked away in a rarely used bag of mine from a trip.

Also for some less $$ you could have gotten the Malaysian (or korea or wherever its really made) version K instead of a Japan J.

9. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Try a SKX013.. I need someone to get one and give feedback. I always thought the lugs looked nicer on the 013 and it takes a 20mm strap which is nice but at 37mm it may a bit undersized for me. I rock my 007 90% of the time and been kicking around finding a used 013.

10. njracer

njracer Well-Known Member

Did you see the modded ones from Island Watch?

He has quite a variety available.

11. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

No problem @omatter34 I'm not in a hurry to sell it so I'm sure I'll find a buyer at some point

omatter34 likes this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been wearing dads, made a HUGE mistake looking at what they're going for...

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If you had it on it's OG band, I'd hate to tell you what I saw the one a few months back go for.

Weird, it seems like people are getting more into "surviors" then the near perfect ones.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not sure if the band he had it one was the original style or not, I think yes as he also had a bunch of spare links. It's on the nato for safety reasons at this point. Also makes it look like nothing remotely close to what it is.

15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Does anybody have an in or experience with Jaeger Reverso watches? GF wants one instead of a ring when the time comes. Duo with moon phases and automagic. Eek.

16. Jedb

No experience, but congratulations. :)

17. Jed

Jed mellifluous

:D

Who says I have the money for one of those damn things!!! Who is the beeb jewelry store hookup?

18. Jedb

Your mention of JLC made me check my account. Yup, not enough zeros on the proper side of the decimal.
    @Dave K knows people.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Jaegers? I'll see but my main AD is closed closed. They "tucked" that store in with the main store, no idea if my guy made the move.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There's two dealers in my area. PM me for details on them.

One place is where I got my Panerais and a Tag.

Jedb likes this.