knee pucks

Discussion in 'General' started by smokeater, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Sunny

Sunny Banned

You can leave my name out of it, fucko.

2. nov599

nov599 Well-Known Member

Sliders that spark are distracting to riders behind you. You obviously don't give a ____. Even though you probably would like the 30 dollar pucks that would'nt distract other riders.:rolleyes:

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope.

4. calvin669

calvin669 Well-Known Member

hahahahaa

that was pretty funny and since I don't want my Heavy-Mini race champeenship stolen from me ... then I guess I'll switch. :D

You guys whine so much, how could I resist...

It was funny though Sunny...

5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sorry Calvin, Sunny's not here. He shot his wad in the insult game by using "fucko". He's down buying some new insults from the 6th grader he bought "fucko" from.

Man, I miss the old trolls. They were a little bit of a challenge. :D

6. calvin669

calvin669 Well-Known Member

oh no..
    hahahaha

BTW... Why do I have to be a "YO YO YO" guy... how come I can't be hillbilly or something?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  7. Sunny

Sunny Banned

I am not playing any GAMES here, so fuck you and grow up. So when are you going to physically come say stuff in my face? Oh, I forgot, you are just a big mouth behind the computer.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Blah ha ha ha! "Not playing any GAMES"! Go home to your mom little girl.

As for "physically stuffing in your face" go back to pumping the neighbor’s cat and quit wasting my time.
    You want to play tough guy? Go slap around your Barbie dolls.

Yeap, I'm a big mouth behind a computer. But you're not even that. You lack the intelligence to even come up with an insult. PM me your address so I can mail you a dollar so you can pay someone to slap the stupid out of your head. You're on your own for the money to pay someone to slap off the ugly.

I'm done with you. Be gone.

9. Pants Romano

Pants Romano Well-Known Member

Sunny,

Quit calling people names. At least until you lose the t-shirt.

10. Racer 23

Racer 23 Well-Known Member

THREADJACK!!!!!!!!

Back to the original topic.

Asphalt and Gas, endurance compound. By far the best sliders I have used, smooth, quiet, and long lasting to boot.
    Way better than plastic, they don't get hot, and grippy like plastic when on the ground for extended periods, like turn 2 at Barber.

Back to your regularly scheduled program, Namecalling 101:Poke:

11. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

I loved my Intuitive sliders...until a teammate swiped them at the GNF last year. :p But seriously Intuitive sliders are awesome, long lasting and pretty good feel.

Think I'm going to try the AStar Hard compounds next.

12. GetnJgyWitit

GetnJgyWitit CamalToeWrangler

If you are a true Baller on a budget like me this is what I did.

I bought a plastic cutting board from wallmart. Cut it up to knee puck size. I used sheet metal screw to attach the plastic to the old knee pucks. I just screwed them in from the back side of the velcro through the old plastic and into the new plastic. They don't spark if you only use like 4-5 screws and they last longer than any set up pucks I have ever owned. They last way longer then the intuitive ones. And for 10 bucks I have about 15 sets up pucks! They may not be pretty, but they work! The first time they touch down the are grabby, but the second corner after that you don't even notice they are touching the ground. They slide really well!

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  13. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

If you can't even afford knee pucks maybe it is time to think about a new hobby.

As for the original question, I love leather sliders. Not as grabby as plastic once you scrape off the dyed part on the outside and the have a great feel on the track.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Damn, you are cheap! :D

Do you cut up your take offs, use some rope and make Ho Chi Minh sandals? :D

15. SpEd

SpEd poor impulse control

I hear that if you use really sticky glue that you can just re-use them and keep gluing slicks to each other. Even better, just run your DOTs until they are slicks and then you can get another couple of races out of them. Someone told me that you can even re-use your oil from your truck, unless you are really cheap and riding the track bike to the track.

16. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Day-um, Dave! You slapped that little beotch right off of this thread straight onto the CCS board with his girlfriend! They be lookin' for a room in P-Town!
    (Saved yourself a dollar, too!)

17. Speedballer

Speedballer Banned

I am really hard on pucks...I was burning through a couple sets a weekend and did this as well. Everything you say is correct, slide smooth, cheap, and last longer than any other I have tried.
    As for purchased pucks, I really like the Kinetic Research TrackPads the best (tried Dainese, Spidi, Tecniq, lotsa ducttape :p ). Velcros on tight, smooth feel and last longer than the other I have tried. That's what I use anymay

18. GetnJgyWitit

GetnJgyWitit CamalToeWrangler

LOL thank you. I was cruzing through knee pucks faster then I would like to spend $50 on. I must admit that I am no longer that hard on my pucks. The funny thing is that I am going to continue using my homemade puck becuase why shouldn't I save my money and spend it on some go fast goodies? :D

19. grimm705

grimm705 Grimm Reaper

Trak pads are good. Dainese pucks are good to..