1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think you need a test to find out. The zombie nasal swab PCR test.

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

they are conducting a test at work today. everyone gets tested. no exceptions. ordered by the germans. facility closed from tomorrow until Monday, for "deep cleaning".

it's stupidity to the max. then you have all employees going out over the weekend, hanging out with friends and family (who also have it if you have it, or just got it on Friday) and return "newly infected" on Monday, just to slip by the Temperature Measurement again, because no symptoms.
    of course, if the test returns positive, stay at home for 2 weeks. no word about false positives.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As long as the 2 weeks is paid it sounds good to me :D

4. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

My co workers got 8 weeks of paid FMLA for the positive Rona test, 2 months off for self isolation. Smh

5. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Another neighbor is positive. He's been down for about 4 days. Starting to feel better.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That comes to what, about a dollar two ninety five?

7. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

LOL

Attached Files:

Ducti89 likes this.
  8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

They could theoretically get up to 12 weeks at 2/3 pay. The FFCRA was put into play, ironically enough, on 4/1.

R1M370 likes this.
  9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Officially from CNN:

welcome to page 2 in this thread

CDC says Covid-19 death rate is under 1% for everyone but people over 70

From CNN Health’s Maggie Fox

The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Thursday it had changed the way it was reporting death rates for coronavirus, and will now report the infection fatality ratio by age.

It’s all still based on approximations, and as part of the update the CDC also estimates it’s missing most cases of coronavirus in the US -- by a factor of 11.

According to the updated “best estimate” numbers posted on the agency’s website:

• 0.003% of children 18 and younger who are infected with coronavirus die.
    • The fatality rate is 0.02% of people aged 20 to 49.
    • 0.5% of people aged 50 to 69.
    • 5.4% of people 70 and older.
    Transmission time: Under the best estimate scenario, it takes about six days, on average, for people to develop symptoms after they’ve been in contact with the virus.

ICU care: Just below 24% of people under the age of 50 who are hospitalized will need ICU care, the CDC estimates. This rises to 36% of people 50 to 64, and 35% of people 65 and older.

Fatality rate for those hospitalized:

• About 2.4% of people ages 18 to 49 who are hospitalized die, the CDC estimates.
    • It rises to 10% of those 50 to 64 who are hospitalized.
    • And more than 26% of people over 65 who are hospitalized.
    Not only are the numbers an estimate, but reports of death rates lag by weeks, the CDC said. On average, it takes about 45 days for a coronavirus death to be reported.

Asymptomatic cases: The CDC calculates that 40% of cases are asymptomatic, and that these people without symptoms are about 75% as infectious as people with symptoms, although this is “highly uncertain.”

Infection fatality ratio is one of several ways of reporting mortality rates. It’s calculated by dividing the number of deaths by the number of actual infections -- and since the true number of coronavirus infections is not known, it is by necessity an estimate.

https://www.cnn.com/world/live-news...11-20-intl/h_62d0c1784b6965c6dd3cff51980670ed

tropicoz likes this.
  10. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

[​IMG]

R1M370 likes this.
  11. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Fake news! Everyone must be forced to buy a vaccine from fauci and gates!

MachineR1, R1M370 and Phl218 like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And slowly but surely they back down from the stupid...

13. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

And herein lies the truth. Undoubtedly a tremendous amount of people have probably been infected and showed no symptoms at all so no tests done. It stands to reason the infection fatality ratio is much lower than posted.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Covid restrictions lifted in Florida , time to start mingling on Tinder again :Putter::D:timeforabeer:

15. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Still relatively free of large numbers of hospitalized cases where I work on the south side of Chicago...
    I keep hoping this holds up this fall and winter.

On the other hand, i caught up to a nursing home doctor the other day and he told me one nursing home had 30-40 covid + patients die out of 130 residents from the period of March to May.

16. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

What state?

17. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

If STDs didn't stop you, why would covid? :p

R1M370 likes this.
  18. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

South side of Chicago.
    Nursing home associated by name with the university of chicago

19. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

As my buddy from Vegas always says....."you can't give me something I've already got."

R1M370 likes this.
  20. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

Covid threw salt on my online dating scene, I had to resort to cruising Publix for milfs during the lockdown :crackup:

MachineR1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.