1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinions Needed Over Here

Discussion in 'General' started by Newyork, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Yeah but those "extra" 75 cc's.....:D

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Like these bruv. 2 tone

[​IMG]

Newyork likes this.
  3. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Like a Filipino painting his house!

Sweatypants likes this.
  4. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

Funny, I just posted on there yesterday for the first time in two years. Probably tough to have a forum with a discontinued (essentially) bike. Good place too, learned a lot.

5. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Wait a minute....that’s an option I have not considered.

Thank you sir.

6. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

There is a lot of info on there. I’m curious Did you get a reply?

7. RS250Ape

RS250Ape Well-Known Member

What year is that Newyork?

8. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

It’s a 2014

9. Just damn. :crackup:

Sweatypants likes this.
  10. 1. Good man. White wheels are stupid.

2. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, including the people on this forum. Get what YOU like. It is your bike, and you will have to look at it every day. To hell with what color everyone else likes.

3. I think wheels should ALWAYS be either black, dark gray, or carbon fiber. Colored wheels are also stupid.

4. Go back and read #2 again.

5. You can't go wrong with some Marchesinis. I put them on pretty much everything. But when it comes to Marchesinis, statement #3 applies also, so read it again. Then after you read it, go back and read #4 again.

Newyork likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I read a recent study that revealed that painting one's wheels white decreases recovery time from any kind of surgery by 10%. And each additional vehicle yields the same result up to a total of 50%. So if you have five vehicles, you can heal in half the time as someone suffering from the same ailment. I think it was the New England Journal of Medicine but I could be wrong.

SuddenBraking, renegade17 and ChemGuy like this.
  12. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

Hey now
    nelson.jpg

13. I'd rather suffer through a longer recovery.

14. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I did, though I was adding some information to an older post to add to the collective experience of the forum, not asking a question.

Newyork likes this.
  15. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

the blasting process. One could spend days sanding a cast wheel to get the surface perfect if a show bike or you could spend 20 mins cleaning, taping and shooting.

16. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

Lol awesome Thank you very much for the words of wisdom...they are appreciated.

This bike will have colored wheels sometime soon bc I love the way they look. Both of my other bikes have powder coated wheels so I’m trying to keep it uniform in the garage so no one feels left out. To me black is too plain and on a street bike I believe the brighter the better.

17. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

track wagon and 5axis like this.
  18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I said leave them alone because why waste the money on that when they are just going to get scratched up from tire changes. Unless you bought the bike to be a trailer queen.

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If you're trying to hand sand, hell yeah that would suck. If you have a halfway decent blasting setup the difference in prep time/effort is negligible. Bearings can be a hassle, but you probably should change those once in a while anyway...
    And...I call BS on the 20 minute prep time to spray

ducnut likes this.
  20. track wagon

track wagon MCAS MIRAMAR

Gold

TurboBlew and Newyork like this.