1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am surprised no one has posted a link to Craig Montgomery's new blog

Discussion in 'General' started by jfcasley, Sep 17, 2020.

1. jfcasley

jfcasley Well-Known Member

2. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Who?....

3. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

My thoughts. I did scan through the blog however. Guy is an idiot that says play along too often.

4. I scanned the blog not sure what I was even clicking on, something doesn’t seem quite right there.

5. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I thought blogs went away about the same time as myspace???

6. Jack Brock

Jack Brock Well-Known Member

Anybody got the Cliffnotes version? I remember the charges when they came out.

7. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

8. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

OMG...

Where are the Chris Hansen memes?

South Park?

9. brex

brex Well-Known Member

He dint doit.

10. Shocker

Shocker Well-Known Member

R1M370 likes this.
  11. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Only know Craig from the CMRA board and my short time of racing, never met the dude. From reading his confession, 1: he wrote the text knowing the age of the minor, 2: he showed up at the apt for the meeting. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. He can claim innocence by intent but these two facts remain as justification he was not entrapped.

12. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

As soon as she brought up a child. I would have cut contact with her and reported her ass. He played with fire and got burned , I dont feel sorry for him at all.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Yeah, cool story, chomo. Tell it to the BBC.

14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

That blog was some read, and the legal documents and filings surrounding this case are as well...you can see the law evolving to keep up with technology and how that translates to intent. He doesn't seem to know himself and was all over the place in his blog... my overall takeaway was he thinks he didn't do anything wrong, he was entrapped (no), just interested or curious... in what? That's creepy. But it is preemptive incarceration...

15. R Acree

R Acree Banned

TL,DR looks like he thought with the wrong head.

16. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

It reminds of that line in Shawshank Redemption “ Don’t you know, everyone in here’s innocent?”

auminer likes this.
  17. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Such a great movie. So putting aside the abhorrent nature of the topic, it is interesting from a legal perspective. Can you be incarcerated for something that did not happen, yet? Yes, you can. But what is the nature of intent and how is it manifested, observed, proven, and is it an actionable cause. Maybe, and the greatest latitude I think should be given to situations involving minors. I don't understand how parents who've suffered that aren't in jail. I certainly would be, or worse. But the fact remains, no harm was caused to anyone in this particular circumstance. He's in prison because of what people think he would have done.

How comfortable are we with that? Suppositions, allegations? Sleazy tactics in an acrimonious divorce?

In the minutiae, it is alleged that if you testify in your own defense in these types of cases and do not prevail, you can have extra time tacked onto your sentencing because you will be deemed to have perjured yourself. Wow.

None of this is relevant to me or mine, thank God. I found it interesting from a legal and governance perspective. Gentlemen, be careful out there.

Inst Tech and Knotcher like this.
  18. Phl218

Phl218 .

yeah, he disregarded some major red flags ...

but still, not even entering a room ? not trying to defend that guy, but where do they draw the line between intent and action???

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Wow, some of you read all of that shit?

It puts a broome post to shame.

It puts my eyes into serious sleep mode...

Banditracer and R Acree like this.
  20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I got to the point where he said he was just going along to fulfill the fantasy of the girl he was corresponding with. Nah bro... That's bullshit. That is where you blew it. (well, blew it has a whole new meaning for the guy now ;))

Not stopping that chat right then and there with a police report is crime enough for me.

Phl218 likes this.