1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd-Ball Picture of the Day

Discussion in 'General' started by bitchcakes, Sep 27, 2014.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

He's doing it wrong! :crackup:

2. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Was running late for his own funeral so he got on the gas?

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Berenstain Bears???

Have i been drugged or something. I could have sworn it was BerenstEIn bears..

Potts N Pans likes this.
  4. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Look up The Mandela Effect. It's weird!

5. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

6. motoboy

7. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

8. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Proof of a parallel universe that had a hiccup and crossed streams.

9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

You can hate on me all you want, since I really don't care about your opinion, but that meme is absolutely wrong on every level. It is blatantly racist and sexist. It more than implies that a woman of color can only get anywhere in politics by providing sexual favors for men. In what way is that funny? Justifying it by believing that since there are lots of jokes out there that are also sexist and racist does not excuse it.
    I am appalled by the attitude of some of the people that post on here. It isn't funny and it is hurtful to others. Where is your conscience? Some of you suck at being decent human beings.

CharlieY, ronin1052, Scotty87 and 5 others like this.
  10. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sensitivity to offensive comedy is a very good filter for working out who I need around me and who I don't. If we are talking about quality of human being I find those terribly offfended by even the slightest of off color humor aren't worth having around. They tend to be whiney, annoying, preachy and generally unappelaing to be around for very long. If using that filter makes me a terrible human being in your eyes well. then so be it.

BHP41, britx303, Rebel635 and 7 others like this.
  11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

12. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Some of your definitions of over sensitive may need a rethink from a perspective that isn't mired in prejudice and misogyny. Being aware of something which is blatantly wrong isn't over sensitive, it is recognizing what is offensive to a normal person and damaging to society as a whole. Minimizing something so it make you look like less of a dick is just trying to justify your own bad behavior. And if means that I won't meet your standards to be your friend, don't worry about it. For many of you your previous posts showing you general behavior have precluded me from wanting to be your friend, anyway.

CharlieY, chris weidl, Jed and 4 others like this.
  13. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Somewhat appropriate here...

[​IMG]

backbone likes this.
  14. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Inadvertently proven points are funny, too.

16. Wingnut

Wingnut Well-Known Member

Madela effect?? As in Nelson Mandela?
    I remember when he died back in 1988. It was such a sad day.

17. motoboy

You're just being a Froot Loop...

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

The level of “Everything except the shit I like sucks and fuck you if you don’t agree” Has really jumped up a notch over here recently. I mean, there was always an undercurrent, and that’s part of what makes this place special. Just seems like a real nastiness and lack of common decency for one another as of late.

Rdrace42, Jed, Sabre699 and 4 others like this.
  19. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

117596156_619268135686744_2820985129277723442_n.jpg

"Here's how it's done boys: You post a pic since it's the Oddball Picture Thread. Then you make your comment."

-- Celine Dio

(And I know I look a bit hypocritical after breaking this rule in my previous post. Sue me.)

I think it's a bit harsh to accuse someone of being a horrible human being because their sense of humor includes laughing at people for things they have no control over such as their gender or race. As I admitted I used to laugh at stuff like that and one of the first things that would have popped into my mind seeing an attractive young woman rise quickly to power was that she did so with the help of kneepads. Conditioned reflex thinking.

When I saw that pun I knew immediately that it was a play on pronunciation. I'm pleased that the first thing I thought of was that perhaps she had a niece who had done or said something politically incorrect and she had "burned" her by intentionally distancing herself from said niece. I wasn't personally aware of such a background story but it seemed to make sense.

I wasn't a horrible human being in the days when I would have gotten that joke immediately and laughed at it, any more than I'm a horrible human being today. Throughout my life I have had a profound sense of empathy towards others and a desire to make the world a better place for my having been in it. Even when I was a misogynistic bigot. Still got plenty of room for improvement no doubt. Peace, friends.

cha0s#242, 969, tiggen and 1 other person like this.
  20. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

I pointed this out several times the last few weeks in various threads. I was told "it's cyclical" and justified by pointing at bad behavior to justify bad behavior. However, I disagree with that assessment. The vitriol on the bbs has accelerated.

Scotty87 likes this.