1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will the derecho reduce ethanol content?

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Aug 13, 2020.

1. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

http://nationalcornbread.com not in 2020 though

2. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Apparently somebody didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...
    Ethanol absorbs water. When this happens it creates an awesome environment for a bacteria that excretes acetic acid. Acetic acid corrodes many metals and attacks many of the compounds used to make seals. Some last longer than others in that environment but why would you deliberately run a fuel that requires more energy to produce than you get out of it, can rot your entire fuel system and provides no performance benefit?

sdg likes this.
  3. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

4. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

We run alcohol in our midgets. The stuff is crazy hard on seals and any exposed aluminum. I have seen an anodized AN fitting that had a tiny (and I mean we couldn't even see it tiny) hole in the anodizing. The alcohol literally ate all the aluminum out from under the anodized surface. When we found it, there was nothing left but a shell of the anodized surface. Craziest thing I ever saw.

Phl218 likes this.
  5. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

One word: Lobbyists

crashman and sdg like this.
  6. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Cannoli likes this.
  7. james weaver

james weaver Well-Known Member

no way ethonol runs out . ADM makes that by the shit ton hourly. uncle archie aint losing that cash cow. at headquarters plant they send tanker trucks and rail cars by the hundreds weekly. i imagine there are at least 20 truckloads to chicago every day. and yes i drove that crap for 18 years for adm.

8. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

It keeps a harley in G97's garage