1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will the derecho reduce ethanol content?

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Aug 13, 2020.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

So said the Dishwasher :crackup::D

bleacht and Cannoli like this.
  2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

All good, my friend. Some of us make things happen, some of us watch things happen, and some of us ask what happened! :D

motoracer1100 and fastfreddie like this.
  3. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

it’s going to be a drag of a harvest. Infrastructure is definitely going to be taxed in Iowa and Illinois. Ohio not as much. And everyone will hate the railroads again by the end lol

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Touche'.

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

How much ethanol in cornbread?

~sent from mobile

6. sdg

sdg *

Everybody here knows that ethanol is bullshit as a fuel, yes?

Look at the energy required to produce it if you don't.

5axis likes this.
  7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

E0

BigBird likes this.
  8. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Have seen some of the guys with youtube channels that suffered alot of damage. Them and the neighbors with bins destroyed and legs toppled over. Expensive storm.

bigtime likes this.
  9. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yeah, those feeder houses are going to be eating some rocks in Iowa.

10. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Yeah. Feed mills LOVE ground piles

11. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

The guy I talked to today said that just about everything in the Dubuque area was snapped and would be tilled under. Same with the beans. None expected to mature.

G 97 likes this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

We’ll know more over the weekend as ISU extension agronomist have been out scouting. Seems to vary. I would think a lot of Western corn would be more damned due to drought conditions and if snapped would be used for feed silage for cattle.

13. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

But aren't the cattle all being slaughtered off since there's no meatpacking capacity due to beerSARS?

14. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

All the major plants that I work with are still up and running. Many of them are still moving forward with major expansion projects. Especially JBS.

G 97 likes this.
  15. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Yep the corn lobby loves it because it creates a market and drives up prices. There is the corn distillery industry that is not for drinking lobby. Plus the green madness crowd. No way a politician wants to poke that hornets nest.

Kind of like the freon ban. Green madness were saving us from the ozone hole (a naturally reoccurring thing it has been found out) and DuPont was on board as the patent was expiring. So greenies feel less self hate and DuPont gets a patent refresh while banning competition from the expired one.

backcountryme likes this.
  16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Hard to say I seen recipes where fools put shrimp in it so I imagine there is some rum or wine based stuff also.

BigBird likes this.
  17. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of the King Arthur Maple Cornbread recipe. It’s easy to find on their site.

Cannoli likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Lack of capacity wasn’t the issue. There was plenty of capacity but lack of workers due to covid outbreaks caused packing places to be closed down for short term creating a backlog and no place for cattle or hogs to go. This was magnified by the restaurant side shutting down and and not taking any product for awhile. Like what was stated prior, packing plants are back up and running at least in Iowa they are.

The. thing of it is, the packaging places had good protocols in place to reduce covid spread etc, it’s when the workers left work and went to multi family living conditions where the virus spread.

bigtime likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Hmm, I’ve never heard of this before. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  20. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

I like to experiment when cooking , and that Shrimp actually sounds good .. last cornbread I made , I whipped in a can of cream corn and liked the results

Cannoli likes this.