1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

will the derecho reduce ethanol content?

Discussion in 'General' started by Phl218, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Damn has it been 21 years since you were murdering kids in the shower? :D

2. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Time flies... :p

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You folks realize that someday, when we are all dead, this is the legacy we have left behind. Some post apacolyptic archeologist is going to be digging in the ruins they found and pull out this long since powered off, antiquated server technology and work to ressurect it. He thinks he is going to find some long lost trove of vaulable knowledge only to run across the story of the blood-ninja and Cannoli's birth control thread. :D

4. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

You’re not wrong.

It lets them skimp on octane additive since even a little ethanol raises octane significantly.

BigBird likes this.
  5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

:crackup:
    That's her job, mine is clean-up. I want as few pots ands pans and dishes and spoons and measuring cups and, gawd, the list is endless...unless it comes out of a box. :D

6. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Fo' sh0'. Turbo cars sound shit.

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

what a catch :Poke:

8. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

That’s a frou-frou recipe. Sour cream in cornbread, ridiculous. :D
    Ingredients
    • 1 cup Unbleached White All-Purpose Flour
    • 1 cup Medium Grind Cornmeal
    • ¼ cup Sugar
    • 2 tsp Baking Powder
    • 1 tsp Baking Soda
    • 1 tsp Salt
    • 1 cup Buttermilk
    • 2 Eggs
    • ¼ cup unsalted Butter, softened
    • 2 cups Sharp Cheddar, grated, plus more for topping
    • 1 large Jalapeño Pepper, seeded and minced, plus more for topping
    • Instructions
      1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Place a 9-inch cast iron skillet in the oven to warm up.
      2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt until smooth. In a separate small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs and butter. Mix until completely smooth.
      3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and add jalapeños and cheese. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix until just combined. Don't over-mix, or you’ll end up with dry, tough cornbread. The batter will be pretty thick, somewhere in between a batter and a dough in consistency.
      4. Lower oven temperature to 375°F. Remove skillet from the oven and grease the bottom and sides. Scrape batter into the skillet, and use the spatula or spoon to spread it around until it’s flat and even.
      5. Sprinkle a generous handful of cheese over the top, then sprinkle with a few minced peppers.
      6. Bake on the center rack for 20–25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Don’t bake it for too long, or it will be dry and crumbly.
      7. Serve immediately with butter and honey, if desired. Store leftovers covered at room temperature.

Sabre699 likes this.
  9. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Eye-talian cornbread?

Does that use a marinara or meat sauce?

Phl218 likes this.
  10. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Go 1/2 buttermilk and 1/2 whole milk.

11. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

leave those seeds in wuss
    :D

12. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Definitely an option

13. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

This looks pretty good too. Only concern is the butter in a pan that hot. That's gonna smoke and turn the butter to black oil.

14. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

It doesn’t, but if you are concerned use canola oil as a sub
    Oh the butter goes in the recipe, grease the pan with Crisco

15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Not going ethnic this go round. The boy loves him some baby-back ribs, so I'm gonna surprise him with a full rack for his birthday dinner. Making a cheese cake with Nilla Wafer crust for desert. Another of his favorites.

I make homemade shrimp and scallop fettuccine alfredo for my wife's birthday. However, finding good semolina pasta flower has been challenging lately. I may have to make a run to the Italian store in Falls Church soon. They've always been a reliable source.

16. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

There's no way it doesn't. Butter's smoke point is 350. At 425, it would smoke in seconds and turn black shortly after. Perhaps reducing the 425 step to 375 for the start is a better idea, and butter the pan just before it reaches full temp.

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

You don’t use the butter to butter the pan it is part of the recipe, grease the pan with Crisco......again. :Poke:
    You sure you know how to cook? :D

bigtime likes this.
  18. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:crackup:

It would appear that cooking is not the issue, it's reading comprehension I appear to be struggling with. I just reread the instructions and step 4 says "batter" not "butter". I own this one. :beer:

rd49 likes this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

As far as any decrease in yields, it’s all going to depend on the level of stalk snap. Early reports coming in indicate that there is not a lot of stalk snap out there and that a lot of the corn has already came back up with the worst already up @ 20 degrees or more already. It’s still going to fill the ears. Draper heads are going to be a hot commodity this fall. Storage capacity may become an issue in some areas.

Phl218 and bigtime like this.
  20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I believe you have misinterpreted my apparent inability to correlate a thought with a meaning. She cooks fantastic, but I'm sometimes amazed at the amount of clean-up afterward. Hence, box recipes can be okay with me, but I do draw a line as there are few, if any, boxes from which I anticipate meals.
    So, suggesting that you could read the recipe for cornbread on the box was an attempt at harmlessly poking at your culinary expertise. I missed.
    People get so uptight about cooking. Sheesh. :D

Cannoli likes this.