1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do NOT order from Bikebandit.com!!

Discussion in 'General' started by USracer900, Aug 10, 2020.

1. SV Ray

SV Ray Grandpa Ray

I had the same problem - seals, fork oil and dust seals for my SV. Went to the dealer and had some on the shelf. No one ever answered phone at bike bandit. Took 2 months to get seals, oil came after 10 weeks, supposedly dust seal on the way after over 3 months! All were shown in stock. Never again

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Based on all the comments on their page with how many people have been waiting months for parts, I'd say the problem is mostly them. Yeah there's been delays with other retailers too, but at least they tell you that straight up or you can at least reach them, and it still doesn't take months to get. I just ordered an OEM part from Partzilla and it said it would ship in 1-2 days. It did exactly that, and I got it a few days later. I've always had good luck with Partzilla...stay away from the bandits.

ducnut likes this.
  3. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

I had never had the slightest problem with BikeBandit...until recently. Ordered fork seals and wipers (in stock) and a few other little things. Crickets. After 10 days, I emailed them...crickets. Gave them another 10 days, then another email worded just a bit stern...crickets. Wouldn't answer the phone either. Ten more days go by so I send another email telling them to cancel the order and refund my money in 3 days or I would start a dispute with my CC. Hours before I was going to file the dispute, I get an email apologizing for the lack of communication...my order is complete and shipping that afternoon.

I told them their lack of communication was inexcusable after charging my card minutes after the order was placed. Told them I will be thinking long and hard as to whether I will do business with them again. Everyone has had to deal with some shit because of this Covid shit but communication is (at least should be) your first priority when in business. Your customers deserve no less.

JJJerry, sbk1198, ducnut and 4 others like this.
  4. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I ordered some small fuel petcock parts (bolts, washers, etc) for my FZR750RT that I am doing.
    They took my order no problem... then kept sending me "on back order & we have no idea when they might ship" emails...
    After a few weeks... i canceled the order.

ducnut likes this.
  5. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

If the experience some of you are describing is accurate there would appear to be no excuse for it. COVID messes up supply chains but it doesn't mess up the ability of someone to sit at home in a virtual office environment and reassure customers that they are doing their best to expedite the order. And respond quickly to cancellation requests.

I've used BikeBandit many times over the years and have always had good results.

Not making excuses but does anyone know if one or more of their key people have been hit hard with COVID? Might leave things in a confused state if nobody is there to step up. Just a thought.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. Aweasel

Aweasel Well-Known Member

I always use Ronayers for oem parts, their prices are usually the best out of anyone for OE stuff. STG for others or motosport, then maybe amazon..probably in that order. The guys at ronayers always send a personal email if there's some part that's on back order and ask if I want the rest shipped separately.

socalrider likes this.
  7. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Dave Sorkow has an ‘87 for sale on FB, if you want another.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vin...25556844262537/?sale_post_id=1625556844262537

evakat likes this.
  8. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

Thinking more about this today...I placed an order with Partzilla a couple of weeks after the fiasco with BikeBandit. The next business day, I got an email with a status on when they expected everything to arrive and also one item was swapped with another part number that was a match and more readily available. They also noted that one item was on indefinite backorder and I may want to try to source elsewhere. Oh and Partzilla hasn't hit my card for payment yet.

Don't know why BikeBandit couldn't be doing the same. I would have been understanding if they had been proactive.

23103a, sbk1198, evakat and 1 other person like this.
  9. younglion

younglion Well-Known Member

Same boat with Motomummy right now - ordered a 2-pack of the Cardo Talkpack JBL communicators over 3 weeks ago - still shows "1-12 days for arrival" which is unchanged since the day after ordering.

Mail carrier says they haven't even received the item from Motomummy yet their policy is to send a tracking number once the order is placed from the shipper - odd.

Motomummy hasn't contacted me or replied back to a couple emails yet either.

Moral of the story - pay a smidge more and order from Jimmy at STG. 2 packages in the past month that arrived in 4 days - that's how you handle your business.

10. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Ordered almost $500 worth of parts (some OEM, some aftermarket) from RMATV. Ordered on Thursday with a predicted arrival date of the following Tues. Everything arrived before the projected date which was nice because I was in a bit of a time crunch. The parts I ordered were listed "in stock".

ducnut likes this.
  11. ck.mecha

ck.mecha Well-Known Member

I received an email today from BikeBandit advertising their "Shipping Insanity" promotion for free next day air shipping..

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If I could be so bold as to hypothesize...what do you wanna lay for odds that the vendors identified herein as being unresponsive and failing to deliver products, may have a slight issue with their vendors and an inability to obtain products due to a high balance in their A/P column?

ducnut likes this.
  13. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I'm going to guess slim to none. This (for the overwhelming majority of retailers) is a supply chain issue, not a working capital issue.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Supply chain issues don’t lead to ignored emails and unanswered phones...

OldSchlPunk likes this.
  15. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

When you're a retailer drowning and waiting to get answers from your own suppliers, it certainly can. We dealt with it in May/June and were drowning for a while (we're staffed to handle issues on ~2% of our orders, and all of a sudden had to respond to issues on ~30% of our orders).

ducnut likes this.
  16. wiggeywackyo

wiggeywackyo Well-Known Member

17. Bruce

Bruce Tuck & Roll

This didn't age well :Poke::crackup:

Blammo, badmoon692008, jhalls and 4 others like this.
  18. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

They also accepted (and have since been forgiven from) $4.8M in PPP loans back in 2020.

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Prophetic Egg would appear to have nailed it - unless they were just straight up Bandits the entire time.

20. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

BigBird likes this.