1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha R6 2006 with 2008/2009 refreshed parts - $3700

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by tommyd273, Jun 29, 2020.

1. tommyd273

tommyd273 Well-Known Member

Here's a great track bike ready to go for track day events. This is an updated Yamaha 2006 R6. Yamaha learned much from the 2006-2007 edition that improved handling. So I installed a 2008 swingarm and a 2008 lower triple tree along with a 2009 engine that had only ~2000 miles on it. The bike is fully operational and has 8959 miles on the odometer.

Pictures link:
    https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1h5bPQIglcQDP3XB_Eqe6I0EFACFXKFYX

I love this bike, it goes like stink and rails through corners. The suspension is currently set for a 185# rider and certainly could be adjusted. I rode this bike for one day after the engine being replaced two years ago. I turned 60 this year and with mixed emotions I'm letting this bike find a new rider that will take it out for fun in the sun.

I have a clear Wisconsin title for this bike that I never registered it with the state of Illinois.

I typically did track days at Grattan Raceway and did CCS racing at Blackhawk Raceway for ~3 years. I usually ran 22s at Blackhawk and 31s at Grattan. After the new engine replacement, I only did a single light duty track day at Grattan.

I had two offs, both low slides, with this R6. I went down in the T10 bus stop at Grattan and down in the T3 carousel at Blackhawk.

Along with the chassis management and power plant, here are notable additions:
    Penske shock
    GP Suspension in the forks
    Flashed ECU with quick shifter
    Brembo front master cylinder
    Graves full titanium exhaust
    Ohlins steering damper
    Woodcraft side covers with steel sliders
    Tank and chassis sliders
    Vortex rearsets
    Keyless start switch
    Front and rear wheel stands
    Woodcraft tire heaters
    Fully and approved CCS safety wiring
    Gear indicator
    One Grattan track day on new engine and Michelin Power Cup tires

Spare parts . I bought many spares so I would be prepared if needed while at the track. These will be included with the bike.
    2006 swingarm
    2006 lower triple tree
    2007 forks . Great shape
    Extra subframe
    Radiator
    Gas tank
    Multiple front/back sprockets for gearing changes
    Exhaust can
    Miscellaneous items

Wheels and tires
    One new pair Michelin Power Cup 180/120 . $300
    Multiple front and rear wheels all in good condition . $200/pair

Trailer $1700 . 2" receiver and includes hitch ball . Bike buyer has first option to buy . I will not consider separating bike and trailer until the bike is sold.

2. tommyd273

Bike is located in the NW suburbs of Chicago. Thank you

3. tommyd273

Sold pending deal closure.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. tommyd273

Sold.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. tonysony76