1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

As soon as I can sort out John Mulcahy’s 916 he’ll be out there too. Any of you guys have a good horizontal head you could part with????

2. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

So if Summit happens in a couple weeks.......who’s in for V7hw? I didn’t realise Lance had a V6 or 7 bike currently. I can only imagine Bonner will try and make it with a TZ.........I like racing with them 2 guys, so I just finished going back over my Fizzer just in case it’s on fo’sho’. Forgot I had a backup suit that’s a few sizes bigger than my normal race weight, so no longer an issue like I was thinking. So who’s in for the big bike vintage at Summit?

3. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

I'm kicking around bringing my 93 GSXR along. V6HW or V7HW .

britx303 likes this.
  4. britx303

Cool! Hopefully Summit happens AND I can manage alright funding 2 racers and 2 race weekends back to back.........the wallets already screaming for mercy!:D

5. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Who was the other guy at RRR on the 90 gsxr?

6. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Shoot if you’re loaning out TLR’s bring one to Nelson’s or mid Ohio for me :beer:

7. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

any news if this event is going to happen?

8. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Gary, other guy on the 1990 was John Burden from Aiken SC. He's been racing with AHRMA and I convinced him to give WERA a shot. I just talked him into doing VMD at Mid Ohio. He rode the 996 Ducati in V7HW I was chasing. Good Guy for sure.

Shenanigans likes this.
  9. britx303

Not yet. I’m positive Mongo will post up when it gets all sussed out

10. britx303

If Summits good to go........are you bringing your FZR?

11. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

i paid all that money for it($300), i probably should., i need to get a practice session or 2 out on the framecrafters/h1 (rebuilt crank). and will bring the CMR/kaw. i guess i can reg for V6hw and use it or one of the other bikes. im also trying to get the yamaha single running and plan on using that in V3 maybe.

britx303 likes this.
  12. britx303

Dang..........you paid that much?!:D

13. britx303

Well......? Who’s racing V6hw or V7 at Summit now that it’s on?

14. CLM81

CLM81 Well-Known Member

still working things out on my 93 GSXR so im a 100% maybe.

britx303 likes this.
  15. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

which class generally has more entries, V6HW or V7MW? I may enter at Barber

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So far this year total we've had 7 in V7MW and 5 in V6HW.

17. britx303

I’m installing my new hitch receiver right now onto my little yota matrix to have a “cheaper on fuel” bike hauler........hoping to make 2 more rounds down further south this season for V7mw and HW. No promises......but I swear I’m seriously trying!! Summit left me stoked to race again!

StaccatoFan likes this.
  18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The fuel prices right now make everything a cheaper on fuel hauler :D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  19. britx303

Trailer hitch and wiring done!! Is Roebling happening 7/18 weekend? It’s our 25th anniversary.........I think race entries come after diamonds........right?:D

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Should be but that isn't one of the ones we were not doing the lower than V7 classes. Endurance Saturday and sprints sunday.