1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ADHESIVE FOR STICKING THE PAD TO THE TAIL

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Atahan Koymen, May 14, 2020.

1. Atahan Koymen

Atahan Koymen Well-Known Member

What kind of adhesive/glue you all use to stick the bum stop pad i got so that my skinny ass doesnt slide all the way back. (in case the tracks around me open one day LOL). The pad i got came with some type of adhesive but i dont want this thing to fall off on the track, and i dont wanna a duck tape job. It looks bad.

Thanks

2. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

3m Super 77 spray adhesive should do it up nice.

noles19, Atahan Koymen and Pixelator like this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Contact cement... put some on pad... put some on tail... let sit for 15 Min then apply.... the small black and red bottles from Home Depot never let me down.., However I make my own seats with Minicelli Foam...

Atahan Koymen likes this.
  4. Atahan Koymen

Atahan Koymen Well-Known Member

Which brand do u use. There is bunch of contact cement

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

A73FF611-4249-4927-915C-A7F7B143D2E0.jpeg Called Weldwood Contact cement... another tip is after you lay your seat on.. tape the edges down and put something heavy on your seat and run tie downs foot peg to foot peg overnight... this is what I always use... use it on Hydroturf for jets skis too and it never lets up if prepped and applied right..

6. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Depending on your seat foam you have to be careful with contact cement. It'll dissolve some of it. The 3m spray won't and I haven't had a issue with it ever.

Atahan Koymen likes this.
  7. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

This goes for the 3M stuff and pretty much any adhesive. The point is not to lay it on thick like you're troweling mortar. That's not how adhesive works. Thin layers are good because it keeps the shear strength of the adhesive itself out of the equation.

8. Pixelator

Pixelator Well-Known Member

3m Super 77 Spray Adhesive. I have used it for seats, headliners, door panels etc. it has always held strong.