1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

This has been my contention from the beginning. The fear isn't of legal consequence or monetary injury, it's of being slapped by the mighty hand of internet justice.

I'll take no pleasure in being right about this one. It just makes me sad.

418, Gino230 and baconologist like this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

this event is a huge win for the SJW’s

3. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

104 degrees is super-high. Isn't that, technically, considered hyperthermia? 100.4 is considered a fever. If you have any kind of temp (and are "feeling warm"), you feel it long before it reaches 104 degrees.

4. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Your first mistake would be thinking that the news station is a source of accurate information. Misquoted stats is their MO.

Well I could've been an actor...
    But I wound up here...
    I just have to look good...
    I don't have to be clear...

tl1098 and baconologist like this.
  5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

I
    can only comment on the designs I've flown- the 737 and 717 are 100% fresh air for the pilots and the passengers. The left A/C pack supplies the cockpit and the avionics bay, and the cabin. Right pack is strictly cabin. There is a recirculation fan, but the purpose is to pull the warmed air that has passed through the cabin and run it around the outside of the cargo bay (cargo bay is airtight in case we have to discharge a fire bottle in there) and it then goes out the outflow valve in the tail.

The Air Conditioning is actually high pressure (and temperature) bleed air from the compressor section of the engine (before the fuel is introduced of course) and it goes through an expansion turbine in the AC pack. The resulting moisture from condensation is then sprayed on the precooler to assist in reducing the initial temp of the bleed air.

Sorry for the thread creep, I only have 4 days of flying in May so I'm bored.

Bottom line, no matter how fresh the A/C is, you're in a sealed metal tube with 173 other animals.

MachineR1, tl1098 and Phl218 like this.
  6. Phl218

Phl218 .

i want to see someone with a 104 degree fever wanting to get out of bed and walking into a restaurant to work a full shift.

Potts N Pans, tl1098, scottn and 2 others like this.
  7. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

LOL. Right-o!

8. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Yeah, that can be read a couple of ways.

Either only one was tested/confirmed C-19 and the others were never tested and classified as covid since they had the same symptoms. This is pretty common practice.

The other way is the hospital trying to make a buck if the Gov financing is different in that case. This is a bit of tin foil hat on my part, I have no idea if it's the case.

9. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah, any local news story that has involved me or I knew about directly / personally has always had mistakes in it. Gotta take everything in the news with several grains of salt.

10. auminer

Not just local gnus. I've been interviewed by "journalists" from both Forbes and Barrons, and both botched what I said.

...""Mr White disdains technical analysis and P/E ratios as voodoo, preferring to work with a PEG based investment system.""...

I think that was the Forbes guy. In case you're not familiar, P/E ratios ARE the P & the E in PEG ratios. :whoosh:

11. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Get the widow on the set...

speeddaddy likes this.
  12. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

Bubble headed bleach blond comes on at five....

13. baconologist

what did Kelly Ann do to you?

speeddaddy likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Oh, there is so much wonderful to say about this movie! The only bad thing is that there wasn't another one. :( A masterful adaptation/amalgamation of Patrick O'Brian's works by Peter Weir. Russell Crowe and Paul Bettany bring to life the complicated relationship between Aubrey and Maturin (yes, they skipped an important part), but everyone was great in it. Incredible cinematography (we bought our first large screen TV for this movie), epic battle scenes and the scoring is perfection. I was introduced to Boccherini from this movie and became more interested in the cello as well. Happily I followed it up and eventually made my way to the genius who was János Starker.

mpusch likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm not that big a deal, I only make the local news. :D

scottn likes this.
  16. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

"Pick up Crashes into Marty's 7-11"...

Driver defends self: "He must have moved is store forward a couple of feet"...

17. baconologist

So your business is “open” but working remotely during this health “crisis”. Customers are able to order on line and get shipments fulfilled. But you won’t answer the phone or call people back for product support. Email only......good luck with that. BTW, this is about a supplier of vintage motorcycle parts....

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Not sure if its been discussed here, but apparently Covid-19 deaths in NYC receive a $39,000 payment from the government, while pneumonia deaths receive $5,000. Don't have a link right now, can't verify if true, and not sure if this is NYC only, or applies to other areas.

Edit: Here's a link: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...ore-covid-19-patients-coronavirus/3000638001/

19. auminer

Payment to who?

20. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

The hospital.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.