1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Said another way...people die everyday and we don't shut down the world for it.

2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

O
    Quoted for posterity.

did someone have an epiphany or did Mongo finally knock some sense into him?

3. I don’t disagree. I’ve stated numerous times that I dont agree with shutting the whole world down.

4. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

So in other words regular daily life is more dangerous than covid 19. Hmmm.....

baconologist likes this.
  5. No. Neither. I’ve said the same shit multiple times now.

Yes - measures needed to be taken. We needed to cancel unnecessary events/gathering of huge crowds like Ball games, concerts, races, church gatherings, movie theaters, etc.

We also needed to emphasize “social distancing” and hygiene, maybe restrict visitors to nursing homes and similar places.

In some places with very dense populations (like NYC), more measures would be needed. But to completely shut down everyfuckingthing immediately was unnecessary and counterproductive.

For example, at the time that they shut down everything around here, there were less than 5 cases in the whole TRI-City area (over 500,000 people). Completely shutting down everything was stupid.

As I’ve said at least 3-4x now, in my opinion, there was a balance point between minimizing exposure and maintaining the economy (to some level), and they missed it.

sheepofblue likes this.
  6. With all the measures, they were trying to not compound everything.

They knew it was highly contagious, and the best way to slow that down was by minimizing contact with other people.

We are still at 400k confirmed cases even with all these measures. Who knows where we would be if nothing had been done at all.

We would probably be looking at more infections and deaths from Covid, while also still having all the normal “daily life” deaths.

7. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

They didn’t miss it.

They completely disregarded it.

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

Remind us all again what your position is within the WHO? Or do you work for the CDC? No? So what you are stating is also heresay, good one Dave. :beer:

9. G 97

G 97 Garth

I’m not sure how many grand buildings this guy has built in NYC, but man he sure likes to talk and talk and talk..........
    I’d hate to have to ask him directions from Albany to E 58th St. I’d miss the next two trains.
    E21FA24A-2A74-4338-98C4-110CF74CFAF4.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What was the value of this post?

11. Jed

Jed mellifluous

12. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

23,265+

Gorilla George likes this.
  13. G 97

G 97 Garth

There you go again, wanting to reject what science has revealed, you are lost.

14. G 97

G 97 Garth

Stop rejecting what science reveals.

baconologist likes this.
  15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

What is, to point out the irony of someone who likes to type and type, complaining about somebody who likes to talk and talk?

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes.......
    188AE9C5-1954-4BF0-B864-248A3D3ECFF9.jpeg

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

The fine upstanding gentleman from Albany is a great orator but in giving directions he is making people lost.
    Albany is very beautiful in the springtime.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Point in case. Irony indeed.

19. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

You forgot the sarcasm smilie. Need a few of these when talking about him. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

G 97 likes this.
  20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Quick question. Has Cuomo run out of any of the things he said NYC was going to run out of?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.