1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how will this covid affect race turnouts when we get back to racing

Discussion in 'General' started by ahastings, Apr 6, 2020.

1. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Nothing settles a debate like a colored graph. I'll choose a really good graph over a lifetime of expertise every time.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm not believing shit unless it's drawn in crayon.

Pixelator, tony 340 and noles19 like this.
  3. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

I plan to be at as many weekends as they schedule. I feel it is doing my part, and I’ll virtue signal the shit out of it if I can possibly shame some people into supporting WERA and motorcycle roadracing in general.

4. GarrettRick

GarrettRick Well-Known Member

I think we will all do what we can to get back to our fun.... depending on the beast we call our economy , and what is best for our families . I think the economic impact will linger long past any disease. I’ve tried to step up and spend money but I lost all my contracts for spring training baseball players and a whole bunch of nba jobs. Money is tight and work outlook is low. As in dead- I rely on the car business and seasonal movement of wealthy people . If I could sell my ohvale I would just to have a cushion now , I sadly had ordered another one and put Brandon in a shitty position with the one I ordered . Here’s to waiting for the light at the end of the tunnel - all I can think about is work , play is on the back burner

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  5. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Intrigued. Garrett, if you don't mind me asking, what do you do?

6. GarrettRick

I transport cars , mostly high end , exotic , luxury cArs . Snowbird movement and Barrett Jackson/ mecum Auctions are my livelihood .

7. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Do you know Brian Lovell of JP Logistics & Motorsports?

8. GarrettRick

I don’t know Brian , but I’ve always worked with arman for last decade or so

9. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Maybe this can bring racing back to like 15 years ago prices. All 600s were 8 grand at the dealership. All 1000s were 10 and a set of race tires was less then $300.

Pixelator and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  10. ahastings

ahastings Well-Known Member

I'm fortunate that my income isnt changing since I am retired and get a pension, but my investments have taken a big hit so I have to be more careful with my discretionary spending until the markets come back, but I plan to keep racing, of course I just bought a new zx6 right before shit hit the fan. But I remember how the turnouts dropped big time around 2010 or so and they have been gradually coming back in the last few years.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MELK-MAN likes this.
  11. JBowen33

JBowen33 Only fast on Facebook

Right now you can get Suzuki’s for 60 months 0 percent I’m sure other manufacturers will follow suit just like the domestic car brands did.

12. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i'm a bit more optimistic. this is not like the former recession... underlying economic structure was in tact. this was a forced recession by the govt to combat the pandemic. Will it help grids ? heck no. I'm sure there will be some that were affected more than others, but i see this thing bouncing back pretty quick once people are allowed to get back to work.

13. nick_b_507

nick_b_507 Member

I think it's all but certain that both racing and trackday attendance will be down this year, but the question is by how much. To answer the original question, my plans are the same, provided that events aren't canceled, or that my personal financial situation changes dramatically.

On the positive side, as long as oil prices stay low that should help with travel costs, especially for anyone pulling a bigger trailer.

14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Was planning on 2020 to be the last year for me racing bikes. Its been becoming less fun and more of a chore. Cars I'll still run as long as my buddy wants to keep doing it. Hell was thinking of picking up a used Hobby Stock/Late model to play with on the local roundy-round track. Always thought it would be funny to put on the back of the car "Real racers turn right also" to see how many hillbillies up here I could tick off. :D

15. Scott S.

Scott S. Well-Known Member

Might have seen you drop or pick up a few at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale when I was there. You probably met with Randy or Catman?

GarrettRick likes this.
  16. GarrettRick

I only do Barrett Scottsdale and Barrett palm beach - I’m better connected to the mecum scene . I don’t ask names , I just drop cars and pick them up

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

A Hairy Growler

pickled egg likes this.
  18. StaccatoFan

I'd prefer strip clubs myself. Gotta keep those single Moms employed.

19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I'm okay with that. I got me a set of clippers I been using to scalp what little hair is left on the top of my head, as well as what seems to have sprung up in unexpected places like the small of my back and the back of my upper arms.

I am sure I can trim a..... ummmmm.... trim!

20. StaccatoFan

It's all @pickled egg 's fault. Hairy Growler's going to become a go to in my vocabulary. Cracks me the hell up.

pickled egg likes this.