1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Covid19 PSA

Discussion in 'General' started by R Acree, Mar 10, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

That's the reality.

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

Once again you missed the point. Should the people in the middle of Nebraska be held to the same level of quarantine and lock down as the people living in highly populated locations. You know since broad brush shot gun approaches always serve everyone’s best interest.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    baconologist likes this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

I agree put your money where your mouth is and start building them. Or keep complaining. Just a thought.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

NY is doing just this. They created the environment that caused the bankruptcies and closing of hospitals and medical facilities and suppliers but now all of a sudden its the feds that are the ones to blame.

5. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

Yes, it’s health care reality, avg patient day stays have trended down for years, outpatient services which we’re always a thing are expanded. Patients prefer a room to themselves, that’s not surprising.

Its not just here, if not everywhere a large majority.

TXFZ1 likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

Sounds like bad business practices to me.

7. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Additional capacity requires additional capital. As mentioned above. Can't have beds sitting empty in normal times. That is expensive. What would the shareholders think??!!

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Not my problem.

Just like the lack of available beds in overutilized and underdeveloped health care centers isn’t my problem.

Disaster preparedness might take a little more precedence after all this blows over, no?

Sure will be nice when the risks aren’t socialized and the profits privatized.

sdg likes this.
  9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

If the idea of a sound business model is to be wildly successful I know we’re doing it right.

10. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

11. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I have to wonder why all the wealthy in California aren't stepping up to care about all the people they claim to care about. Seems there is plenty of movie star money and tech money to solve the problem. Where is all the altruism they want everyone else to exhibit in normal times?

12. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Could always move Wall St. and the entire financial district to a corn field in Arkansas.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Are you talking about this kind of thing, or about making surgical masks and testing kits out of bank notes?

Buckwild likes this.
  14. Agreed.

States like NC and TN shouldn’t have to adhere to the same mandates as states like New York.

For that matter, even statewide mandates don’t make much sense. Some counties have less than 5 cases, while some others are in the thousands.

Like I said before, some measures needed to be taken. But I think there was a balance point, and they missed it.

But being devils advocate, one might could argue that other places don’t have as many cases because of the measures that were put in place (fair or not).

I dunno. Fuck it.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

Cali don’t need the rest of the USA anyway. They have Mexico. Well, only when it’s convenient for them.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  16. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

PA update.

upload_2020-4-4_13-19-22.png

upload_2020-4-4_13-20-11.png

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Dude, did you read that?

Indian food. For the whole place.

That’s a fucking war crime!

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. G 97

G 97 Garth

So Ryoungesque of you. :D

19. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Yep..if they are doing it I'd like to hear about it. Leading by example is always good.

That's a damn site better than singing poorly into their phone from the safety of the couch.

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't think Ashe County, NC was ever going to a hotbed of Covid.

(I dated a former Miss Ashe County for a while. No, she was not 80 yrs old nor had she been in an accident. )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.