1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Masks to go outside...

Discussion in 'General' started by Yzasserina, Apr 3, 2020.

1. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

https://postimages.org/

Save the image on your phone /tablet /computer, go to the above link, select that image. Upload it and then click on the blue and white icon to the right of the computergibberish under "direct link".

Voila.

[​IMG]

Senna likes this.
  2. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

As good as an actual medical mask, no, but not useless. Someone wearing an N95 mask over and over and not properly cleaning or removing it will be WAY worse off than someone wearing a dust mask keeping it clean or disposing of it properly after each use. While basic masks don't stop the virus itself, it will stop most of the water droplets that carry the virus and thus most of the virus. It also slows down the exhaled air so it doesn't go all over the place. It will also keep you from touching your mouth and nose.

Fonda Dix likes this.
  3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Went to the countertop fabrication shop in Elberton this AM. No mask, so used a bandana. Called ahead to make sure they knew we weren't coming to rob the place.

Yzasserina and Monsterdood like this.
  4. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

No pic? I don't know what the deal with my pic is. It uploaded in the thread, I can see it when I'm on my computer. I'll ask Fred later. He has a Scream balaclava, maybe he'll go out for groceries, lol.

5. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

My work internet blocks about 50% of pics on this forum but I can see yours just fine.

6. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Masks are not meant to protect you, they protect people around you from your coughing and sneezing expelling fluids.

SpeedyE, YamahaRick and Fonda Dix like this.
  7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What picture? Desert tribal chief's wife?

8. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Two things.

Will banks also require you to wear a mask when entering?

And what about the masks that have a one way valve which makes it easy to breathe out? I would think a cotton mask would be better than one of those to prevent inadvertent transmission to others.

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Yes, lol.

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just to be clear, you want it posted here?

11. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

It is posted here. Two people have confirmed it, @Sabre699 gave an appropriate response lol. I just think I didn't do it in an optimal manner because I can see it when I am on my computer, but not on my phone, and apparently other people can't see it either.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

OK…
    IMG_20200403_070852.jpg

13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Senna likes this.
  14. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Lol! Well I didn't have to do that when I went to the gas station in central PA 15 minutes ago. They just had clear plexiglass between the clerks and the customers, seems prudent. We'll see what the grocery store is like tomorrow.

15. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

The banks here all went to drive through only.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No one is entering any banks so moot point.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

But I have 150 pounds of coins I wanna cash in and I ain't paying for coinstar to rip me off.

o_O

18. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Plenty of ways around that. Stay on topic, post up a pic of your planned mask. And no motocycle helmet.

19. G 97

G 97 Garth

20. speeddaddy

speeddaddy Well-Known Member

We live in rural area, lake country. There is a small grocery/ liquor store. The wife works there. Worked two days with another gal that had covid and tested positive. There were 3 people working in there with an infected person and no one caught it. No masks. Working side by side at cash registers.