1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The wait is over. Need help from the iracing gods on the beeb..

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Sent you a PM.

Gino230 likes this.
  2. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

I’ve got a line right now on a Lumos setup with Ryzen 1700, 8gb Ram, not sure in the GPU yet. $500 seems like a good deal. I’ve been running Project Cars 2 on the Xbox one and it’s fun, but I think this will be a lot more up my alley.

3. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

My iRacing ID is Erik Luke2. Kenny is Kenny Duval.

Kenny is really good with the Motec. While he is the better teacher, I will be more than happy to help as we are about equal on pace. You can also shoot me a text when you jump on next and I can host a private session and we can turn some laps.

Edit: Kenny beat me to the punch

4. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Project Cars 2 is better looking, but iRacing has the edge over physics and tire modeling.

5. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

My big thing with iRacing is the extra realism and all the leagues and competition side of things. It seems so much more organized and fun that way.

6. Venom51

Yep...that's the best part of the service.

7. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

Can someone teach me how to drive? Cause god I am terrible

8. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I gotta stop reading this thread. The want for a driving sim rig has never been greater than it is right meow. I just don't have the internet for it :(

9. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Here's novel idea. Enter sim & drive.

10. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

I ran a race on Tuesday in the midgets that was the first race in a series with POWRi. They are a real sanctioning body for midget racing. Man I had a blast. Got stuffed in my heat, so I had to run the D main. Won that and started at the back of the C main. Worked my way to 6 the and made the B main. But I got caught up in some crashes and only worked my way to 13th and didn’t transfer to the feature. It was a blast. Can’t wait for Tuesday and the next race.

if you wanna watch our midget races they are being show (with announcers) at POWRi TV on Facebook.

11. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Fox sports 1 had super late models (dirt) and 410 sprint cars on last night. Live. Was fun watch. One hour show dedicated to it. I’m very happy to see more and more dirt late model stuff on tv. It has really taken over all the nascar stuff.

12. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

iRacing ?

13. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Yea

G Dawg likes this.
  14. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I've been researching my setup for getting into this, with some help from Kenny. One question I hadn't seen here, with all the wheel/pedal sets saying they are compatible with either PS4 or XBox, has there been any discussion about that compatibility moving forward to the PS5 or new XBox? I'm mainly buying it for iRacing, but I do play my PS4 and will likely end up with a PS5 at some point.

15. Venom51

If they are PS4 compatible they will likely be PC5 compatible. Xbox almost certainly because with every revision of that it becomes more and more just like a PC.

16. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

You're not going to switch your rig around to play on xbox. Unless the monitor and everything is shared anyway. Anything decent on xbox you can play on your computer anyway.

17. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I ran both iRacing & GT5 with my rig. Don't have to switch anything but control & monitor cables.
    My PS was right next to my computer so it was no big deal.
    Only problem come when using higher end peripherals. I had planned on downloading Forza , but there was too much involved with getting my HPP's to work.
    Might be easier now though.

18. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I do think it's unlikely that I'll care enough to hook up my Playstation to it if I'm already using iRacing, but it would be irritating to eliminate the possibility when I haven't bought anything yet.

I've been looking at some used stuff too, but in my area there isn't much of a market. I found a wheel/pedal setup that is PC/Xbox that would work if I don't care about the PS side of it.

Finding the balance of not buying low end crap at first but not wanting to spend $5k on an initial setup is a trickier balance than I anticipated.

19. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

Yeah well the SOBs on here don't help. After talking to them I'm always somehow spending more $$ [emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Boman Forklift likes this.
  20. stevedave

stevedave Well-Known Member

I claim post #6000 [emoji1690]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk