1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR - Big "THANKS" to Traxxion Dynamics!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Sunny, May 23, 2004.

1. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Short version:

Just got home from VIR a short while ago as planned, and wanted to send a big "THANKS" to Max and Donny of Traxxion Dynamics for all their help! :beer:

Full story:

As planned, Max looked at my suspension/bike the first chance he gets after I arrived at VIR (the only WERA North Central event that he and I will be able to meet). We've communicated on a regular basis about my suspension since last year as there isn't much database about my bike in the U.S..

Max soon confirmed what we feared......the shock spring although already at 1,000 lb (he sent it along with the 950 lb one for me to try just prior to VIR event) is indeed still way too way although the sag numbers are ok (6mm free sag with 30mm rider sag), and that Penske is only suggesting a 850 lb one for my weight (170 lb rider) as standard. This is probably due to the weired suspension linkage ratio used in my bike. Also, the rebuilt forks are still lacking low-speed compression although they've shown a great amount of improvement over last year. Due to timing constraints, Max decided that we should concentrate on putting the heaviest spring he has with him on my shock as it will have a bigger improvement/impact to the bike's handling. My forks will have to be fixed at a later date as they will require special custom modifications. He lent me the peg stands required to support the bike for the job.

Donny, a very nice guy and a new work-force to Max's team since earlier this year, put in the spring for me as soon as I have the shock off. After I installed the shock on the bike, I rode the bike over to the Traxxion Trailer to have Max look at it again since I think the spring is still on the soft side. There I bumped into Bruce Kleckner of Penske who was also aware of my "spring rate" problem and worked on it earily. As there isn't many bikes like mine in the U.S., Bruce always had trouble of believing that the suggested "850 lb" spring is too soft. To get him on board and have an actual bike to test with, I have him checked out my suspension/bike. After he tested out the bike, he couldn't believe that the current 1,400 lb spring Max had Donny put on my shock is still on the soft side!!!!! :eek: I guess Honda really did something funky to the suspension linkage design on this bike. Anyway, Max and I agreed that we should tried a 1,600 lb spring next which he'll have to find one for me.

For your information and what it's worth, Max charged me nothing for all the help/attention he's been giving me even though I offered to pay for his hard work and continuing attention to my special need (free shipping for the parts he sent for me to try and all work related to getting the suspension right for basically an one-off customer due to the bike being so rare)! :beer: Max also gave me a T-shirt and straighten my badly bent/twist right rearset from a "I don't know what happenning lowside incident" for free! :beer: He too looked at and dialed in the R6 Ryan purchased this weekend and provide feedback for free! All I have paid for so far is basically the cost of my initial fork work and Penske shock! I can't help myself but to give Max a $20 for him and Donny to go have a few "cold" ones for how wonderful they have been to me!!!!!!!! THANKS again Max, Donny, and Traxxion Dynamics!!!!!!!!! :beer:

2. 418

418 Expert #59

Donny is so laid back, he should have a knee slider on the back of his head. :D

3. Shaun Harris

Shaun Harris Well-Known Member

What bike are racing?

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

RVF 400 I believe.

5. guerrilla

guerrilla Real King of the Jungle

Anyone got contact info for Thermosman????

:D

That sh@t never get's old! :D

6. Sunny

Sunny Banned

Hey, stop jacking my thread! :mad: Start your own! :Poke:

To me, Max is simply wonderful!!!!!!! Thanks Max, Donny and Traxxion Dynamics again!!!!!!!!! :beer:

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

ROFLMAO!!!! i dont care WHO ya are, thats just FUNNY!!!!!

Classic man, simply classic!!

8. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

MAX IS DA MAN! He also lent a hand in setting up my bike...helped me reach my sub 1:50 time on the track...thanks for helping me reach that max! If i need any susp. work done...it's coming your way from now on :clap: :) :up:

9. Shaun Harris

Shaun Harris Well-Known Member

If you want a watch fixed you would go to a jewler!

Sounds like you found the correct address

10. dwheeler

dwheeler Well-Known Member

the free thermos was a nice touch though....

11. jeffrop

jeffrop Well-Known Member

Traxxion Dynamics

Max is working hard to support us racers by being at the track. Lord knows he's spent too much of his time on my skitzo problems already!

Seriously tho :up:

12. JClay

JClay Gone Sailing...

Get your free Traxxion Dynamics thermos!!! While supplies last!!

Max has gone out of his way for me and has done a great job. Even when I was ready to pack things up and head home, he talks me into working on MY bike!

Thanks Max!

Last edited: May 24, 2004
  13. Sunny

Sunny Banned

There is no doubt that Max and Donny have gone way out to support everyone who uses Traxxion Dynamics for suspension needs. Not to mention the time Max had spend on my suspension dilemma, he spent a good 20 minutes straightening out my rearset for free to try to save me $$$ and get me ready for my second race although the race was cancelled and postponed to Sunday as he's working on it! :beer: Thanks Max!!!!!!!!

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Thumbs up to Max as well. He was a big help to us throughout the weekend. Thanks again Max.

:beer: