1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thoughts on V6HW V7HW class structure

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Outsider V6 V7, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Eight Screws

Eight Screws Well-Known Member

Thanks EBoz
    Think everything make sense, hope it brings out a new vintage set to the races

One question, are we allowing bump ups say from the new V7HW to V8HW?

2. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Yeah but I suck. Never been there except to help a buddy out, maybe you can gimme a tow!

3. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

I don't know why you couldn't bump from v7-v8.

4. Eight Screws

Eight Screws Well-Known Member

Nor me but as the rules get altered it can be one of things that get lost
    Granted it has nothing to do with competitiveness it more about extra races in a day
    V6 to 7, 7 to 8 etc

5. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

Never thought this would be the way V7 would turn out.

6. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Well not sure what part you think is not good.
    But no ones showing up and nobody liked anything I suggested so just going to roll with it and see what happens .

Steven

7. kjohnson

kjohnson Axis

You just pointed it out, what it was I was pointing out.

8. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Lol
    I see what you did there.
    Have a great day

Steven

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Issue on my part. V6MW had a whole 6 people run it last year, there is no point continuing it. Only created it as a favor to someone who never wound up fielding a bike...

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The V7HW bikes would all be legal for V8HW so no real need to spell it out.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

WTF? I have absolutely no idea and won't have one until late this coming week if not next week. I don't see why a proper era 600 couldn't run V6HW just like they did prior to making MW. I'm too brain dead for a better answer right now sorry.

cyclocrossfool likes this.
  12. 2Big4Bike

2Big4Bike Well-Known Member

Darn it, that means after getting my bike somewhat sorted, I'll only have V5...with no V6MW.

Air cooled 2 valve smaller than Z1/KZ900 expected to run V6HW against liquid cooled VFR, FZR 1000, Ninjas, etc...not sounding like fun.

KZ650/750/810 = too big for V6LW and too small for V6HW.

Bummer. I ran what I could in V5 - V6MW (8 races) in 2018 and until mechanical on Sunday and job loss in 2019.

I put more time and $ into the bike this winter with plans for V5 - V6MW.

Not sure it's worth it for one class.:(...but I guess I'll give it a shot in V6HW...besides, there probably won't be anyone showing up in North Central anyway.

13. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Run it V6HW too. Its not your fault if other guys don't show up.And even if they do show up on faster bikes,you did a great part and supported the class.

cyclocrossfool likes this.
  14. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

ill be there for a few rounds - V5 and whatever. ask brit303 i dont win but at least i show up

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
  15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

V6HW will be 750's at the top end, open to some more modern but no 1000/1100.

16. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Made the statement on the 600's in V6HW because they should already be in the same race with V7MW unless you change that. Additionally I'm convinced the 92 F2 was better than any true 750 in the V76HW era except the 92 Zx7 K model. Just my 2 cents.

17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

V6MW is pre 1990 as in Hurricane or FZR 600 and dare I say Katana.
    F2 falls in V7MW class.
    And really only difference between F2 and F3 is front end and a bigger swingarm bolt and shorter intake boots and intake track.
    And I do agree a decent F2 is very capable machine.
    The main problem is no one has been entering V7 MW and HW.
    And just so people know any class a bike is legal for can bump up to next class with that CC.
    V7HW can Bump to V8 HW as example.
    But a V7HW cant bump to V8 MW.
    Hope that clears that up.
    We know in some regions nobody enters vintage.
    This is why Eboz started this whole deal.
    Has to start somewhere and hopefully this is the yr to get more guys racing vintage.

Steven

18. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

mongo was replying to my post i believe, i had questions about what was in or out of the revamped V6hw class and did not express myself clearly . mongos reply did answer my question/concerns . sorry for the confusion.

VFR#52 likes this.
  19. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

That's great.
    Vintage rules and class bikes fit in can be confusing to some.
    Eboz has done a good thing trying to get more people who already have bikes to come race with Wera.
    So anyone have a question just post it.
    We will just help answer it so a racer can know what class to enter and no question is silly or foolish.
    We can pick you in person at track and all have fun.
    But main goal no is to get racers to come race in vintage.

Steven

Outsider V6 V7 likes this.
  20. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I guess I was one of those 6 people but I only raced it once. I'll likely be racing the same bike in V6HW but now that means I have two bikes that run in that class.

I do prefer WERA doing what they need to KEEP RACING VINTAGE even if it causes some changes not all are happy about. I plan on continuing.

Is it a sure thing V6MW is going away soon? It matters because I need to know which bike to prep for the coming season.

VFR#52 likes this.