MotoGP Valencia worth it to attend?

Discussion in 'General' started by bfkidd, Oct 22, 2019.

1. bfkidd

bfkidd Well-Known Member

Just found out I will be in Madrid the same weekend as the race. Could probably only get down there for Sunday.

I know it’s a big party but is it worth it to go down just for one day or find a bar in Madrid and just watch it there with locals?

Discuss.

Phl218 likes this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Would be more worth it if the title hadn't been wrapped up 3 races prior :oops:

3. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

If you've never been to a GP race in Europe it's an easy one to get to/from. And it's a great atmosphere. The track itself doesn't necessarily make for good racing but you can see most of the track depending on where you sit. Go early. Like, really early. Traffic getting in and out will be bad.

BigBird likes this.
  4. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

I went and had a great time. Sit in the right spot in the back grandstands and you can see a lot of the track. I didn't drive, took the train from town and it drops you right at the track.

BigBird likes this.
  5. bfkidd

bfkidd Well-Known Member

Would definitely take the train if I went. The early part would be an issue. Probably couldn’t get there before 10 or 11.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Why wouldn't you? Grab a rental car and drive down and have fun with 100K other fans. Make sure you buy a grandstand seat. You won't regret it.

7. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

Do it.

And take the train to the track if you can't get there early.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

is this a serious question? :Poke:

like the answer is obviously YES! but I like the #humblebrag :D

9. nd4spd

nd4spd Well-Known Member

If you can take the train that's a different story. It drops you right by the track.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

been there in 2004 and would do it again any day

11. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

Was there in 2007, it is a great place to watch if you can get decent seats this late.
    Getting there that late may make getting a seat difficult. I would go if I was that close. Take the train.

12. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Bring rain and warm clothing just in case, I’m November that place is like PI.